Heritage Owners Club

Dumble Anyone?

Gitfiddler

I find this strangely disturbing. This is what it all comes down to? You kick the bucket and your guitar and amp collection gets pitched out the door to the highest bidder. Oh well, such is life. Sounds like he had an interesting one.

"From a man fondly known back in the day by every bar - cop and cocktail waitress-hooker and motel owner on Colfax."

Somebody write a song, quick.

"From a man fondly known back in the day by every bar - cop and cocktail waitress-hooker and motel owner on Colfax."

Somebody write a song, quick.

I did back in the day with the chorus being "Too much is not enough and not enough is too much for me". The title of the song is; "An Old Guitar Picker Is All I intended To Be". The guy was a helluva of a picker and blew away the LA types that were moving into the Boulder scene at the time. If one wanted to hear "real" country music during that era one went down to the urban Honky- Tonks that lined the street near the Capitol Building. No hippies pretending to be cowboys. It and he were the real deal.

I did back in the day with the chorus being "Too much is not enough and not enough is too much for me". The title of the song is; "An Old Guitar Picker Is All I intended To Be". The guy was a helluva of a picker and blew away the LA types that were moving into the Boulder scene at the time. If one wanted to hear "real" country music during that era one went down to the urban Honky- Tonks that lined the street near the Capitol Building. No hippies pretending to be cowboys. It and he were the real deal.

Great post! Makes me wonder how the "real deal" bluesmen truly felt when their craft was being "re-introduced" to the masses?

Dumble:

Mmmm - that sounds very nice! Most Dumble clones are 50W or 100W, so a small 20W or so amp with that sound would be ideal. Interestingly there's a British amp maker (Geoff Pugh of Volt Amplification) who makes just such an amp - the "Humble". I'd buy one if I had a spare £1700 and didn't already have a Ceriatone... :)

So......how long were you folks going to keep this musical wizard a secret?

I'm actually embarrassed that I haven't heard of this guy before! Seriously, before watching these 2 youtube clips, I'd never even heard the name David Lindley, let alone heard of his sheer musical skill!

What a badass!! Definitely going to enjoy doing some research on this cat!

So......how long were you folks going to keep this musical wizard a secret?

I'm actually embarrassed that I haven't heard of this guy before! Seriously, before watching these 2 youtube clips, I'd never even heard the name David Lindley, let alone heard of his sheer musical skill!

What a badass!! Definitely going to enjoy doing some research on this cat!

Start with his tenure in Jackson Browne's band. I always loved his solo on "Running On Empty"!

Any Larry Carlton or Robben Ford recording done in the last 10-15 years is on a Dumble Overdrive Special. The exception maybe/possibly is Robben Ford's new album where he is using a Riviera through a Super Reverb. But any of their recording where their is some overdrive is played through Dumbles.

Archived