Heritage Owners Club

AAS- Vintage Fender Addict.... N(v)AD.... Wow!

Kuz

Kuz - how did you learn about all those different type speakers? I think I would go broke if I had to buy each one to try it out. Do tell.

Weber speakers. They make a gazillion different speakers and the choices will make your head spin. Too many choices really.

the normal is the version in my Deluxe Reverb! BTW, what tubes are in it?

Some soon to be gone JJ 6l6s (going to get some Tungsol RI 5881s) and 4 NOS RCA 12AX7s.

Zackly.

I'm not sure if they are your fave, but a single short plate RCA 7025 is a tonal go to V1 or PI in that circuit, something to mix with the very similar looking but dissimilar sounding 12ax7a/7025 short plate. The magic is in the mix between those two types. When you stick in and bias your 5881's, afterwards switch them in their sockets, compare and keep them in the order that gives up the best sustain…

a nice pair of 6l6gb vintage glass in Sylvania or GE will put a smile on, as will a pair of Sylvania 6l6GA, the 6l6GB glass is same wattage as original TS 5881/6l6wgb. The GA is slightly less, 19w vs. 22-23w for 5881 on spec sheets. Unusual in that is is a small coke bottle with springs on the mica contacting the bottle, better for a combo amp than most coke bottle glass 6l6's and the tone is pure "Wow."

After having this amp for 5 days now, it is official..... THIS PUPPY FREAKING ROCKS!!!

Very Voxy/early Marshal tones that is different from the typical Blackface tones. This Brownface tone is really right between a tweed and a blackface. Not as distorted or thick/saturated as a cranked tweed and not as scooped as a blackface.

In love!!!!.... Yet again with another vintage Fender!!!!

How Sweeeeeeeeeet it is! So pleased for you, and the thought of how many others over time are going to be enjoying that amp while you are playing through it is even cooler, rocking as well as praising. Way to go, Kuz. That sounds like an uber- kewl tone palette.

Archived