Heritage Owners Club

AAS- Vintage Fender Addict.... N(v)AD.... Wow!

Kuz

This has been a dream amp of mine for a couple years. I am having very good sales year and a very understanding wife that these don't come around very often.

(No selling my 150 didn't pay for this. I am still trying to save for my son's violin)

So with the .....

-Blackface amps covered: Headstrong Lil' King (Blackface '65 Princeton Reverb), '67 Deluxe Reverb, and '67 Vibrolux Reverb

-Brownface amp covered: '62 Vibrolux

Only a vintage tweed needed to round out the complete tonal spectrum.... But that is going to have to wait!!!

Pictures: Early '62 (January '62) Vibrolux

D908ED80-DEFC-43EF-A724-58F800F963DB-237

532D9864-3D50-4897-B509-938CD795AFCD-237

EAD299A5-8C5E-490C-B0B0-D4681333BF48-237

5509F144-C82C-418A-88C9-C3E4D1A3702F-237

Only a vintage tweed needed to round out the complete tonal spectrum.... But that is going to have to wait!!!

Pictures: Early '62 (January '62) Vibrolux

D908ED80-DEFC-43EF-A724-58F800F963DB-237

532D9864-3D50-4897-B509-938CD795AFCD-237

EAD299A5-8C5E-490C-B0B0-D4681333BF48-237

5509F144-C82C-418A-88C9-C3E4D1A3702F-237

Well. alright, John! Sweet! Had a friend get rid of one of these about a year ago, I think I posted it on the forum. Mint. They're lovely. Speaking of the Tweeds, Sat in all night with some friends a couple of weeks ago. Bryan provided an amp for me. Tweed '57 Vibrolux...all up to spec, with a solid state rectifier for more headroom. Monster Amp! Tele, straight in...magnificent! Congrats on The Brown. Guess I have to come back to Springfield, again....

Are you sure that qualifies as a Tweed era? Nice amp. Just not sure it's a Tweed. Didn't those, in theory, end with the '59s?

Kenny, are you skim reading? LOL!!!

No, this is not a tweed but a brownie!!! I said I would like to get a vintage tweed to finish my collection.

This is my first and only Brownface amp. The Brownface Vibrolux is also known as the Mark Knopler amp, yep think Sultans of Swing!!

Well. alright, John! Sweet! Had a friend get rid of one of these about a year ago, I think I posted it on the forum. Mint. They're lovely. Speaking of the Tweeds, Sat in all night with some friends a couple of weeks ago. Bryan provided an amp for me. Tweed '57 Vibrolux...all up to spec, with a solid state rectifier for more headroom. Monster Amp! Tele, straight in...magnificent! Congrats on The Brown. Guess I have to come back to Springfield, again....

Yep, I can't keep buying stuff so you will come back!!!!

Working on the right power tube/speaker combination. These aren't as versatile as the blackface era amps, but it is exactly what I hoped it would be!!! Very R&R without completely selling in on the OverDrive like with a Tweed.

I also made a BIG mistake by not acknowledging one the of nicest, most helpful, and knowledgeable guys of this forum.... SLIDER 13 (Mike Ricca) not only found the amp for me, but helped me with probably nearly 15-20 phone callers in the last two weeks.

Mike is a standup, prince of a guy. THANK YOU AGAIN SO MUCH, MIKE!!!!!!

Kenny, are you skim reading? LOL!!!

No, this is not a tweed but a brownie!!! I said I would like to get a vintage tweed to finish my collection.

This is my first and only Brownface amp. The Brownface Vibrolux is also known as the Mark Knopler amp, yep think Sultans of Swing!!

Moi?! ............ :laughing7:

I also made a BIG mistake by not acknowledging one the of nicest, most helpful, and knowledgeable guys of this forum.... SLIDER 13 (Mike Ricca) not only found the amp for me, but helped me with probably nearly 15-20 phone callers in the last two weeks.

Mike is a standup, prince of a guy. THANK YOU AGAIN SO MUCH, MIKE!!!!!!

You're welcome John. I'm sure you'll enjoy that amp. I'm printing an invoice for billable hours right now!

Cool brownface Vibrolux!

Is that one of those 'don't need no pedals' amps? (i.e. natural, singing overdrive when pushed).

Here's some background (that I KNOW you've already researched) on this vintage amp.

http://ampwares.com/amplifiers/fender-brownface-vibrolux/

Actually, at close to 40watts it is an amp that has a very nice beefy but clean platform so it needs/takes pedals very well for overdrive. I specifically wanted this amp because of the higher wattage so I could use pedals.

Again, Mike has been so helpful through the years, and one of the things we have talked about is using these medium watt amps like a TWO channel amp; plug it in for cleans then use a pedal for OD, thus two channels. I need that versatility and I don't want to be pigeonholed to "only a clean amp" or "only a distorted amp". By using pedals in an amp that has enough watts for a nice clean platform, I get the best of both worlds and at reasonable volumes.

This the reason I went the "brownface" route and not tweed yet.... tweeds are know for their incredible breakup at lower volumes. I DEFINITELY want to get a vintage tweed some day, but that amp will be all about OD, and more of a one trick pony.

Looks nice Kuz, I can't wait to get the complete tone report. Especially what you think of the Scumback in that thing!

Scumback is out of it, and pretty quickly. It was too mid heavy and muddy. I hear all the potential of this amp,mbut don't have the right speaker yet. G12-65 that came with the amp too ice picky and too mid scooped. Scumback M75 is too mid heavy and borderline muddy. 12F150 is closer but to boxy sounding and not round enough. Weber Signature 12B (British voiced) is a cheaper speaker but is closer to what I want. So I will probably get a Alnico 12A150, but I don't know which cone (normal, "b" Britsh, or "w")

Scumback is out of it, and pretty quickly. It was too mid heavy and muddy. I hear all the potential of this amp,mbut don't have the right speaker yet. G12-65 that came with the amp too ice picky and too mid scooped. Scumback M75 is too mid heavy and borderline muddy. 12F150 is closer but to boxy sounding and not round enough. Weber Signature 12B (British voiced) is a cheaper speaker but is closer to what I want. So I will probably get a Alnico 12A150, but I don't know which cone (normal, "b" Britsh, or "w")

Kuz - how did you learn about all those different type speakers? I think I would go broke if I had to buy each one to try it out. Do tell.

If you are in the market for a 50 watt Emminence Cannabis Rex, I know a guy with 2 brand new in box for sale. PM if interested.

A Jensen Jet Tornado would be worth an experiment in that amp. I have every intention of dropping a 10in version into my Vibrolux one of these days.

I'll throw in with Howard on this one, John. The Jensen Jets sound really, really good, and vintage.

Archived