Heritage Owners Club

NHGD (and a Dilemma)

tonedeaf

So, I got my H-550 off the UPS truck today. The packaging is a little bit beat up, but the contents came through without damage. The wood is beautifully aged and I have a good warm and fuzzy. I decide to clean it up a bit before trying it out. While I am polishing the top something just does not seem right. Eventually enough neurons fire that I realize that the top is solid. The owner didn't know what he had and now I am the owner of an H-575.

Not sure what to do. Hate to send it back and put this beautiful guitar through another round of abuse at the hands of UPS. The wood has really aged beautifully (it is a '98). I got it delivered for $1,600 so I can't say that I got robbed. Problem is, I already have a 575 (I know, this would not be considered a problem for many). If I keep it, I don't get a 550, which I would really like to experience. The only problem with the guitar is that the nut was filed too deep and now the bridge has to sit way too high to get the guitar to fret properly (the bridge it literally as high up as the adjusting screw will go). But that is just a fill and recut -- no big deal. The seller seems like a nice enough guy (I haven't told him abut the mix up yet).

So, the proverbial question: What would you do?

post-10004-0-32142600-1384567891_thumb.jpg

post-10004-0-31884500-1384567906_thumb.jpg

post-10004-0-40025000-1384567921_thumb.jpg

post-10004-0-97411000-1384567935_thumb.jpg

post-10004-0-67077700-1384567951_thumb.jpg

I found it on Craig's List, and -- yes -- I should have been able to tell even by the low res pics on Craig's List. Hard to miss a Florentine, single cut-away. I guess I just assumed that someone who owns a Heritage would know what kind of guitar they have. This was the title of the post "Heritage H 550 - $1550 (Htfd area)".

Fortunately, it seems to be more of a conundrum than a big issue. I will call the seller tomorrow and see what he says.

Guest HRB853370

So, I got my H-550 off the UPS truck today. The packaging is a little bit beat up, but the contents came through without damage. The wood is beautifully aged and I have a good warm and fuzzy. I decide to clean it up a bit before trying it out. While I am polishing the top something just does not seem right. Eventually enough neurons fire that I realize that the top is solid. The owner didn't know what he had and now I am the owner of an H-575.

Not sure what to do. Hate to send it back and put this beautiful guitar through another round of abuse at the hands of UPS. The wood has really aged beautifully (it is a '98). I got it delivered for $1,600 so I can't say that I got robbed. Problem is, I already have a 575 (I know, this would not be considered a problem for many). If I keep it, I don't get a 550, which I would really like to experience. The only problem with the guitar is that the nut was filed too deep and now the bridge has to sit way too high to get the guitar to fret properly (the bridge it literally as high up as the adjusting screw will go). But that is just a fill and recut -- no big deal. The seller seems like a nice enough guy (I haven't told him abut the mix up yet).

So, the proverbial question: What would you do?

Wow, it is a bit of an ethical dilemna. I would contact the guy, explain what happened and offer to ship it back if he wants it back, with a full refund to you, but he should absorb the shipping fees since you did not get what you thought you were getting, unintentional or not. If he says he really would rather you keep it, then turn it if you can and order that 550. You risk the possibility though of not getting back what you paid. This is a tough call...

Guest HRB853370

I can help you with your dilemma. Just send the guitar to me. I'll be happy to take it off of your hands.

I am sure he would if you send him $1700....

Guest HRB853370

My buddy Joe has a 550. You should get one. That guitar is something.

img_2302_std.jpg

That looks like the one I used to have....

Now I only have this.....

sml_gallery_2130_256_112294.jpg

Archived