Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Warranty

Thundersteel

Does the standard 1-year warranty apply ONLY to the original purchaser?

I recently sold my H575; it was less than a year since I puchased it new from Jay.

The new owner installed 13s, and is having buzzing issues.  For the record, I used 11s and 12s when I had it, and NEVER had any buzzing issues, and I told the new owner that as well.

He took it to his guiter tech, and they are claiming the neck is twisted. They also say the neck has a dip between the nut and 6th fret, and there is a rise where the neck meets the body. He is wondering if the repair will be covered under warranty. I told him probably not, as I think it applies only to the original purchaser.

I told him to call Heritage to see what they could do for him. Any other advice?

Yea, I got advice, the same advice that Ren said... "We don't use any strings with tension higher than 11s"

I have used 12s before with no trouble at all on my Eagle & Sw16, but tell him to drop down to 12s.

(Easier said than done, I realize).

Hi

I am the buyer of Thundersteel's 575 custom. ;D Pix at a later date. :wink:

Everything is fine with the guitar.

I called T Steel this afternoon wondering if he knew about the neck, I was positive he would have said something before the sale due to the amount of time we spent talking prior to the sale, and Heritage Guitars warranty policy. That's all I was wondering about. Straight forward and simple I was quite pleased with

T Steel and his guitar!

I did take his advice and called Heritage. I think it was Ren who I talked to. He confirmed that the warranty only applies to the original owner. He also suggested I send it back to them for a proper setup and the necessary adjustments required for the use of strings larger than 11's or 12's. I had put 13's on the guitar because a few years back one of my instructors mentioned the fact that Thomastik Infeld strings (jazz bebop series 13's) while bigger played with the ease of smaller strings. Leaving me with bigger sound for solo arrangements (this is true, they do play extremely nicely!). I knew this would require some adjustments but wanted to string and play anyway. I had been trying to figure out how to get a Heritage for 2-3 years and I wasn't going to let it sit there on arrival, can you blame me? Anyway, it does play great and is better than I had expected; even with some buzzing and less than perfect setup.

My not so local technician seemed not quite up to the job and was crazy enough to suggest fret removal and sanding the neck.... WOW is right!

Needless to say after I paced for 20 min I drove the 1:20 min and picked up my guitar as is. I am shipping the guitar to Heritage and will follow up after I receive the guitar back.

Until then I will wait patiently for the guitar to come back and as Ren said "play silky smooth".

Just to clarify...

In NO way was it my intention to discredit the buyer (kwo). Rather, I was merely seeking suggestions on how to solve the problem for him. I simply stated that I didn't have any problems with it; everyone has a different opinion on the set-up that works for them.

Keith,

I hope you get it set up to your satisfaction. Ren will do whatever is necessary to make you happy. I hope I listed the symptoms correctly. I'm sincerely sorry that you have to send it back to Heritage. It was certainly not my intention to sell you a guitar that needs that much work as quoted by your local technician.

T-Steel

Well T Steel I gotta say I didn't quite have the heart to tell him he was outta his *&$%^ mind (the tech that is)!

The cost is definitely not a concern considering the deal that you gave me. Thanks again.

Thanks jim gus re: Ren's talent. I felt comfortable talking to him as well.

Ren just set up my H155 and it plays beautifully too.  He's the best.  Good call sending it to him.

This is possibly somewhat off-topic, but I really don't understand why a manufacturer (Heritage)

is doing minor guitar repair/ set-up. Shouldn't they be focusing on manufacturing? If you've got a years worth of backlog, shouldn't that be the main objective?

This is possibly somewhat off-topic, but I really don't understand why a manufacturer (Heritage)

is doing minor guitar repair/ set-up. Shouldn't they be focusing on manufacturing? If you've got a years worth of backlog, shouldn't that be the main objective?

i just got another guitar in today that I ordered about 2 months ago. I've not waited on an guitar longer than 3 months from Heritage (some other manufacturers have been a year). Maybe the Heritage lefty line is so short I get mine much faster than the righty line.  :)

i dont think there is a year of backlog....i could be wrong, but i think things have slowed down a bit....maybe Katie can shed some light on that?

is doing minor guitar repair/ setup. Shouldn't they be focusing on manufacturing? If you've got a years worth of backlog, shouldn't that be the main objective?

From what I saw at Parsons Street in July, for Ren, the devil (and the divine) is in the details.  I never had the impression Ren was involved in daily manufacture, per se, never thought he had a specific "spot" in the line a guitar travels from raw lumber to a guitar out the door.  He does everything, everywhere, all the time.  He embodies the ethos there in trying (and at times failing) to "lay hands" on just about every guitar that leaves Parsons Street, so that the purchaser gets an instrument that feels as though it has had a custom set up.  He misses sometimes.  We've read clear examples of that on the HOC; it happens, but not for lack of caring nor talent!  I had the impression Ren would like to set up and play every guitar they put together.  To tour the place with Ren is to begin to "get it" about Heritage.  

Bummer about the (potential) guitar issues, but welcome to the Club, kwo!

Thanks for the welcome Dick Seacup.

I am sending the guitar tomorrow and hope to hear what they think by Mon or so. I will certainly pass on the info when I get some back. I am feeling very positive about the whole thing and cant wait to get it back.

I just had my Fender Deluxe Reverb reissue dressed up with all new tubes, a ceramic tone tubby, and a couple of other mods to gain some extra headroom. Hopefully it works! But either way I can't wait to hear that 575 through it.

Thanks for the welcome Dick Seacup.

I just had my Fender Deluxe Reverb reissue dressed up with all new tubes, a ceramic tone tubby, and a couple of other mods to gain some extra headroom. Hopefully it works! But either way I can't wait to hear that 575 through it.

Should be a lovely combination!  I regularly play through a Deluxe re-ish that's a fabulous amp! Look forward to hearing the report on the guitar once it returns.  And welcome to the HOC, kwo!

Archived