Heritage Owners Club

Schaller Tailpeice studs...

DetroitBlues

The old Schaller studs are too short for normal tailpeice. Must be metric studs...

The tailpiece studs on a 150 are Imperial (inches and standard subdivisions) unless your guitar has been modified, i.e., the inserts in the wood have been changed.

Blues - I got nothing except when you put tailpiece in your titles, you're going to get a whole bunch of thread hits. :)

Oy! Been through this on both Heritage guitars I converted. Stew Mac makes a tool for pulling knobs that works well for pulling bushings. I ended up buying a bridge with un-slotted saddles and paying my local tech to install it. It is not as simple as it seems to convert these to TOM style hardware.

that sucks, I never buy preslotted saddles for that very reason

I have a chunk of soft wood ( pine ) with a hole drilled out larger than the stud diameter....I put that on a cloth on top of the gtr and then with a long bolt & some washers the studs pull right out

the screw method is easy but on a thin gtr/deep stud it could push thru...also it will push into the wood which I'm not overly fond of, but maybe I'm just picky

Archived