Heritage Owners Club

'61 brown Deluxe...live

slider313

Here's a recording, not a very good one, of last weeks gig at Abbey Road Tavern & Grill in Cary, NC. I'm playing my PRS DC22 through a '61 brown Deluxe with a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 and a EH Holy Grail Nano reverb pedal.

http://www.themusichutch.com/listen-song/tin-whistle-6-come-together--and-your-bird-can-sing--ive-just-seen-a-face/125809/

My '63 Deluxe is safe inside my home but.... I am gone on a business trip for TWO WHOLE DAYS!!!!! argh!!!!!

Anyhow, thanks a lot for the clip Mike, I'll listen to it soon and I am sure you sound great!!!

Awesome stuff Mike. I spent a couple of hours listening to your band on the music hutch, had to grab my P-90 H-157 and play along with a few of them. Don't know how many different amps were involved on all of the songs but your tone is impeccable ... Thanks for posting!

+1 Great playing and great vox on those tracks. If my '63 Deluxe sounds anything close to your tone I will be in amp heaven. Now I might have to brush up on my classic rock licks to sound anything close to you!!!

Very nicely done.

Thanks everyone. I had a feeling the gain on my Fulldrive could have been turned down a bit and the recordings tell me I was right. The two guitars are a bit loud. It was not used (the Fulldrive) on "And Your Bird and "I've Just Seen a Face". That's going straight through the amp.

Oh well.... Not to hijack, but it is a Brown thread. Had to turn down an offer of a friend's '62 Concert, today. I've mentioned it before. Had the chance to play through it about a month ago, with my Tele, straight, no chaser. Marvelous!! And the price was right, too. But...the build I'm having done is going to cost more than I'd thought. So...that's that. And yes! Good, good stuff, Mike.

Thanks Rob.

For those who have asked, I played the little solo in between the verses. The other guitarist, Steve, plays the first solo at the end jam and I play the second. Steve is using a Gibson Les Paul XR2? with Ian A P90's into a Swart AST. As far as pedals he's using, I couldn't tell you as he has many and is always swapping in something else from one gig to the next.

Archived