Heritage Owners Club

150 or 357?

DetroitBlues

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had an early 90's Gibson Firebird for a couple of years. I'm basing my preference for the 150 on that really. Assuming identical hardware on both (tuners aside), I'd pick the 150.

Oh, a 90's g brand .......that makes sense..

I was basing my choice on a

Thispost-463-0-74849100-1389910593_thumb.jpg

The 357 for sure. I have both, and the mini's are more the tone I like. Jason Lollar's .

I have owned four 150s (currently own 3) and have played a couple 357s. If I could only own one, it would be a 150, but owning both would be coooooool !!!

I have owned four 150s (currently own 3) and have played a couple 357s. If I could only own one, it would be a 150, but owning both would be coooooool !!!

Oh what do you know, you sold me the better 150 ever made in the history of the whole entire world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again, by the way

Oh what do you know, you sold me the better 150 ever made in the history of the whole entire world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again, by the way

I after playing two of my 150s tonight.... am still trying to understand why I did that....... :0

150 over the 357 any day of the week.

What he said.

Not sure why exactly but I get along better with my 150's than any other guit's I've ever played, and there have been a lot.

Well, it isn't Cliff Burton, and Robert Trujillo is still playing bass for Metallica... so that kinda narrows it down, doesn't it?

Hmmm? I like Trujillo bestest.

If you could have only one as your primary axe, which would you choose? Full size humbuckers in the 150, mini's in the 357....

That's a tough question to answer, because basically I consider myself a single coil gal, the highs in the g&l legacy are really sweet. But sometimes I enjoy playing my Firebird when I want a more pronounced mids sound. After I play my firebird,I go to the 150 to hear the difference, and it's a huge difference, the 150 being the full humbucker sound that it is. After playing the 150, I like the Firebird less. After playing the Firebird, I like the g&l a little less. But the g&l legacy is my go-to guit., and the other two are just flavors for variety. I almost never pick up the 150 without having first picked up the g&l. So, the answer is, I'd probably pick the Firebird, if forced to answer the question. Is this rational? No way! :D

He looks a lot like this guy.

972182_563951583667801_1958643432_n.jpg

Ron McGovney? :sad_mini2:

Well I'm glad someone else is buying a new Heritage guitar.

I'm also glad that Marv has been making them a little more often lately.

It will be really cool to welcome a new Heritage guitar owner!

Now let's change it again from a 357 to a Firebird V....

Do you're opinions change knowing its not a Heritage?

You'd probably have to play a few of each to see which one is better for you. I know that in theory there are Gibsons out there which are really good guitars, right? :D

Archived