Heritage Owners Club

Blue eye candy

MartyGrass

I got nothing to say. Pleading the fifth. It ain't mine.

I stopped breathing when I saw it and was almost as blue.

I like how people take pix of their guitars in the wild. It's like maybe we were hiking, came into a clearing, and happened upon a blue archtop before it ran back into the woods.

This is a beautiful guitar. Many, possibly most, traditional jazz players would be turned of by the blue. So this guitar isn't for everyone to begin with.

Next, this happened.

photo_zps9675a6fb.jpg

Of course it can be repaired. It will likely require an internal block to make it secure and a refinish of the rim. That's a big repair.

Someone tried to walk away with the guitar plugged in.

Rim jacks are convenient but require care. Marv and Bill at Heritage don't favor them for this reason.

I don't know if the rim was braced there for the jack.

I have a couple of archtops with rims jacks. When I set the guitar down I always unplug it. I've had close calls in the past and don't want to take any chances.

I got nothing to say. Pleading the fifth. It ain't mine.

I stopped breathing when I saw it and was almost as blue.

I like how people take pix of their guitars in the wild. It's like maybe we were hiking, came into a clearing, and happened upon a blue archtop before it ran back into the woods.

LOL - that reminds of surf pictures and movies of guys hiking through beautiful forests with their surfboards before reaching some epic surf spot. Like "it ain't no thang".

The seller should offer a substantial discount. True, it is a rare blue finish, but as you've stated, not many archtop purists desire that color.

That plus the jacked up jack is a scenario for very flexible negotiating on both sides.

This is a beautiful guitar. Many, possibly most, traditional jazz players would be turned of by the blue. So this guitar isn't for everyone to begin with.

Next, this happened.

photo_zps9675a6fb.jpg

Of course it can be repaired. It will likely require an internal block to make it secure and a refinish of the rim. That's a big repair.

Someone tried to walk away with the guitar plugged in.

Rim jacks are convenient but require care. Marv and Bill at Heritage don't favor them for this reason.

I don't know if the rim was braced there for the jack.

I have a couple of archtops with rims jacks. When I set the guitar down I always unplug it. I've had close calls in the past and don't want to take any chances.

Ouch! nice otherwise.

Next, this happened.

photo_zps9675a6fb.jpg

Ouuuuuuuuch! That hurts just looking at it :(

Archived