Heritage Owners Club

My 2000 H-535 arrived today, super happy with it.

tdrommond

Once I found that the p/g and TRC screws were pristine, I knew I would have to be careful cleaning and re-installing everything. I got out my jeweler's screw driver set and found a phillips tip that fit perfectly. I backed all the screws into their holes until I felt them drop into their original threads. I also decided to leave the tuners alone. Again, no tool marks on the screws or signs that they have ever been removed. I just polished what I could and it looks great. Overall, this appears to be a completely original guitar with no mods or tinkering. Can't see any reason to change that.

I wish more people knew about the "proper way" to put screws in. Backwards, then forwards. It's so easy to shred the threads on wood, and such a PITA to get the wood to hold again.

I also wish more companies would use things like brass bushings for control cavity covers and direct mount pickups.

• 2 months later...

Enjoy it - I think the 535 is the flagship of Heritage guitars (no offense meant to their other models which I have had many - I just think the 535 is the perfect guitar). My 535 just exudes quality in every way - finish, playability, sound, vibe....

Archived