Heritage Owners Club

Low Wattage Amp Heads...

I still have that 5 watt head from a kit build that I have listed in the For Sale section. It's a great sounding amp. If I end up keeping it I'd like to get a nice wooden cabinet for it.

DSCF9916_zpsc47f3b2a.jpg

I still have that 5 watt head from a kit build that I have listed in the For Sale section. It's a great sounding amp. If I end up keeping it I'd like to get a nice wooden cabinet for it.

I know a guy in Texas who could build that cab for you. You've had a curly maple cab in the recent past that he built.

Didn't you used to own a JCA20? If you did, let us know the difference in the two. I own (half own with my 10yo) a JCA20 and despite the fact I try to stay American made, I love this little Chinese thing. It has limitations though. No reverb, effects loop, needs a redialing going from hums to single coils, doesn't get very clean.... I'm intrigued by the JCA22. I saw one on Grand Rapids CL forrrrrr $225? I think. It sold before I could decide if I wanted to drive 2+ hours one way for it. Hope ya like it as much as I like my JCA20. I just did some pre amp tube rolling and it impressed me even more.

I find the JCA20 and the Crunch channel on the JCA22H sound exactly the same. The Lead Channel is more thicker, saturated sound. Killer with my Strat and my PRS. The Crunch channel is kept with the preamp volume really low, maybe 9 o'clock or lower. Then I just crank the Master as needed. Having the ability to footswitch between the 2 is killer. I didn't like the JCA20RC because I felt the reverb was really weak. The 22H has an effects loop and delay/reverb/tremolo make all the difference with this amp for heavier rock and blues. Add some chorus and things really liven up.

Archived