Heritage Owners Club

NMKS

pressure

Guest HRB853370

50lbs! Wow, needs casters!!! Is that also called the new Santana signature amp?

I carry 50 lb amps all the time, no need for casters.

I carry 50 lb amps all the time,

And so did I, up until August 2012, when spinal disc degeneration finally had its way with me. These days, wheels and lighter amps are good things. I'll be OK as long as I can strap on and play 9.5 pounds of Heritage goodness. It's also good to learn how to sit and bond with a nice archtop.

I like the sound of that amp in the video and I think I would like one, but I do get a kick out how they say in their ad copy that

it is identical to the amp Carlos toured with, and then they go on to say it has improvements! Doesn't that negate identical???

I would like to know if this amp gets the Keith Richard's tone from his album "Main Offender". I love that sound!!!

Here's their add verbage...

"This tribute model is an exact replica of the amp Carlos Santana toured with in 1972/73 as he introduced the world to this new sound, right down to the unique chassis size and the aged Snake-embossed Lambskin covering. But it has also been updated to include all our most secret Tone discoveries uncovered throughout the 43 years since the original’s creation. These improvements, some visible and some hidden, increase the performance and versatility while recreating the original voice with full authenticity. They make the Snake™ more usable across a wider range of musical styles and power requirements and add exciting new possibilities for expression and enjoyment."

Looks to me like it's a match to the look of his touring amp of the day, with a number of the tweaks made to MB amps in later years. Not necessarily a bad thing if it still has the clean bassman sound going together with the singing/sustain lead. BTW my Mark IIB weighs a shade under 55 pounds. It doesn't have reverb, simulclass or EQ though.

Archived