Heritage Owners Club

NMKS

pressure

New Mesa King Snake amp. Got the Mesa bug and this is what happens. I rarely know how my day is going to be. Got a call from Frank at The Music Gallery to tell me they had received their allotment of King Snakes and to come in and have a look. Yea... have a look! Traded in a Victoria Deluxe and a Hamer Newport 90, my only p90 guitar, hmmm... I'll have to fix that.

Sounds fab, more complex than it appears, weighs a lot. Lots of clean headroom, good for jazz.

post-676-0-30076900-1395324317_thumb.jpg

It appears to be a high gain amp. Simply by the name and tolex. It certainly looks good; enjoy!

I like this from Mesa

FORMATS, WEIGHTS & DIMENSIONS:

• 1x12 Combo (Dimensions: 17 1/2" H x 18 5/8" W x 10" D – Weight TBA) • 12” Fillmore KS-100 Speaker

Wow!! They don't even want to tell you how much it weighs!! :laughing7: Must be a beast!

Just found out the weight, 65 lbs.

I don't care how much it weighs...I WANT ONE!

It would go so well with my Mk IV and Dual Caliber 22.

Oh the humanity...I have a bad case of Amp Acquisition Syndrome (AAS)!!

Congrats, Pressure. You've got great taste in gear! Now turn it up!

I like the sound of that amp in the video and I think I would like one, but I do get a kick out how they say in their ad copy that

it is identical to the amp Carlos toured with, and then they go on to say it has improvements! Doesn't that negate identical???

I would like to know if this amp gets the Keith Richard's tone from his album "Main Offender". I love that sound!!!

Here's their add verbage...

"This tribute model is an exact replica of the amp Carlos Santana toured with in 1972/73 as he introduced the world to this new sound, right down to the unique chassis size and the aged Snake-embossed Lambskin covering. But it has also been updated to include all our most secret Tone discoveries uncovered throughout the 43 years since the original’s creation. These improvements, some visible and some hidden, increase the performance and versatility while recreating the original voice with full authenticity. They make the Snake™ more usable across a wider range of musical styles and power requirements and add exciting new possibilities for expression and enjoyment."

Don't hold your breath for clips. For a simple amp its pretty complex. I've dialed in a pretty good clean tone but the gain possibilitys seem endless. An then there's the power options. Wish it had channel switching and a matching 1x12 extension cabinet.

That's some amp, Richard - congrats! Nice that you've a good relationship with a store like that (not so nice with your pocketbook, but still nice).

I'm betting your amp just screams with thick rich harmonics when driven by a nice set of humbuckers...

50lbs! Wow, needs casters!!! Is that also called the new Santana signature amp?

50 lbs . . . shoot, the Peavey I used to have (2x12 Peavey Valveking) in the '70s, 100 watts weighed 85 lbs. I used to carry that myself. Today, it's 40 lbs tops.

Archived