Heritage Owners Club

New Heritage parts project

brentrocks

I acquired this body and neck from a long time Heritage junkie. I think the body was originally a VIP 1...but the tone hole and the mini toggle holes had been filled. The neck looks to be from a H 101..hockey stick headstock.

The body is routed for a Floyd Rose trem and 1 humbucker. I haven't decided to re-drill the tone pot hole or not? The body was red at one point and then it was striped. Its a 1 piece maple slab. I hand stained it a light burnt amber.

The neck is maple with a maple board and pearl markers. its drilled for mini grovers (I just happen to have a set). There was also a Kahler locking nut on it at one time. I decided to black-out the headstock, add a stinger and a custom logo.

I'm doing everything with rattle cans and blue painters tape.

As of 11:30 am today, I have 3 coats of clear on the body and neck. One more wet sanding and another coat of clear and I think she will be ready for assembly. I'm waiting on parts....Floyd, pickup, backplate....should have it rocking by next week.

This is how I received it...

sb1_zps86e7d36b.jpg

masked off the neck...

sb2_zps738ebb60.jpg

sanded and stained the body...

sb3_zps82bc411f.jpg

sb4_zps69294f3b.jpg

painted headstock and added my custom logo...

sb5_zpsd159f743.jpg

sb7_zps0dcc31bf.jpg

That's a cool project shredder Brent!

I was totally on board up until I got to the headstock and stinger pics, I'd suggest clear coating over a single bloody thumbprint as the logo!

Either way....GLWYS:-)

btw it will be interesting to know what you think of the maple body and maple neck combination.

According to internet lore a solid maple body should be heavy and produce a bright sounding guitar. My VIP2 is neither.

the funny thing is that its not heavy

Archived