Heritage Owners Club

praise for Egnator amps

bolero

saw a buddy of mine recently, he was using a 1x12 Egnator combo stacked on a 1x12 cab, was a cool mini stack

no pedals, just the amp ( actually he had a delay pedal he kicked on sometimes for solo ) and he got the biggest, juiciest ZZ Top blues sound ever!!

great sounding amps!

and I believe, made in michigan as well?

which combo was it? most of the range are made in China.

Bruce has a good ear for a certain sound.

I just sold a Tourmaster. It was a great amp. Classic rock sounds. From crunchy DR to higher gain marshall.

Never felt like it was going to last like my fender or mesa. Had to go.

Rebel and cab. Made in China.

It was after using a rebel that I ordered the tourmaster.

The rebel had a great rock or classic rock or what ever it is.

Sounded like a JCM800 with a drive pedal in front of it except it could do other things as well.

yeah although I have to say that marshall sounds like absolute crap

thin, shrill, annoying, really bad distortion sound, it's painful to listen to

I'm trying to figure out how to let him know. ....it could just be bad EQ......but every time I have seen them it has been the case

I think the Marshall in the pic's is a Valvestate.

They work quite well as an amplifier in that they amplify.

Your tone description sounds about right.

There is no subtle way to tell some one their valvestate sounds terrible.

Valvestate people aren't about subtle nuances. Obviously.

haha

when I was in college my roomate had a valvestate like that, I don't seem to remember it sounding THAT bad...although we only played very low vol, as we were in a condo

the cleans were ok

maybe when you turn the thing up past "sshh" levels, it transmogrifies into "sshh*t" levels :D

I will say, for a 2x12 combo it was extremely light. maybe the speakers are submarginal too

Not to hi jack, but a buddy of mine picked up an Egnator Tourmaster from a guitar center online, sight unseen, for 200 bucks. All the people in the store new was it didn't make any sound at all. Turns out, there is an internal fuse in them somewhere (I was drunk when he was explaining it to me), and a tube had failed and the fuse had blown. He replaced one tube and a fuse and has a beast of an amp for less than $220.

He did have to spring for a new footswitch which is a little pricey but damn good deal if you ask me.

Back on point, Egnator amps are really nice. I spent about an hour just thrashing his, I found a spot on the rhythm channel that sounded like heaven, big, sweet, dripping tone sort of in between Slash and Duane Allman, at some point he got bored and went outside where the rest of his band were drinking and BBQing and I didn't even notice!

P.S. If I remember right the Tourmaster has 2 clean channels and 2 dirt channels, which I've never seen before

Archived