Heritage Owners Club

Recommendations for Heritage Supplier

Doc3

Guys, I think he is asking a serious question....

I have used a couple of dealers, Wolfe guitars the most, but I would certainly keep my options open to other dealers too.

Hey Doc3~ Wolfe is THE man for Heritage. He gets the best wood; has great looking pickguards; and more.

Also, since you are located in the SF Bay Area East Bay, you can also check with Blue Note in Berkeley.

Another is Banana's At Large in San Rafael. He's an HOC member and knows our needs.

Not to be rude or nosey, but what are you looking to order................................OK I'm rude and nosey! :icon_smile:

Alright, Doc, I'll play it straight. Ordered a custom spec'd Super Eagle from Wolfe, in '07. Marvelous instrument! Very reasonable price. Always enjoyed speaking with Graham Zebedee, on the phone. He left Wolfe, for a while, but I think he's back. Good people!

I've currently got a custom order being built and if I was able to do it again I'd DEFINITELY get more than one quote.

I typically live by the 3 quote policy when making larger purchases but I admittidly let the excitement of my first custom order got the better of my judgment this time around.

Expensive lesson I suppose.

Graham is definately back as I spoke to him on Saturday about another potential build. They offer discounts to HOC members.

Hi,

Sorry about the breach of etiquette, yes I meant dealer:) It goes back to my days in purchasing for a large engineering/construction firm. I am interested in a Millennium Ultra STD (someone should have thought through the STD part IMHO).

I really appreciate the input, and will call a couple of these folks to see who I connect with and discuss price.

I spoke to Ren today at Heritage, very nice chat. I want to have them install Shed PAF Daddy's and Ren did not know who Shed (Spence) is. It will be a race to see who can build first, the guitar or the pickups. Maybe we can start a pool. I will say that Spence has been a pleasure to deal with.

If anyone has any suggestions on a build of a Millennium, again I appreciate input.

Many thanks!

Graham is definately back as I spoke to him on Saturday about another potential build. They offer discounts to HOC members.

How would I contact Graham?

Hi,

Sorry about the breach of etiquette, yes I meant dealer:) It goes back to my days in purchasing for a large engineering/construction firm. I am interested in a Millennium Ultra STD (someone should have thought through the STD part IMHO).

I really appreciate the input, and will call a couple of these folks to see who I connect with and discuss price.

I spoke to Ren today at Heritage, very nice chat. I want to have them install Shed PAF Daddy's and Ren did not know who Shed (Spence) is. It will be a race to see who can build first, the guitar or the pickups. Maybe we can start a pool. I will say that Spence has been a pleasure to deal with.

If anyone has any suggestions on a build of a Millennium, again I appreciate input.

Many thanks!

Spence is building my P-90 Dog-ear pickup now for my Jr. Build. You will LOVE the PAF Daddy's. My vote is on guitar being done first. But not by much... 2 days. ;) I love Spence, amazing person and amazing pickups! Great choice, glad you pulled the trigger.

A Millennium Ultra has just about every bell and whistle available...the sky is the limit. If I were building one I'd go for the lightest woods compared to the "prettiest".

Hi,

Many thanks!

Doc, we were just messing with you. All in good fun. It's sort of an initiation thing. We all get excited when we see someone custom ordering a guitar. Maybe a little silly, too.

My guy is Bob Moggio at Mojos Music in Edwardsville, IL. He's a long time Heritage dealer and supporter. Stuck with them thru the good and bad. And gives deep discounts to HoC members. Just have to let him know. I've ordered two thru him.

And just to continue the trend, I believe I hold the title for the quickest Millie build .... ever!! 30 days from order to door. Beat that!! ........... :laughing8:

Doc3,

I recently went through the same decision when looking for my first Heritage. I spoke with a few dealers, but after talking to Graham at Wolf Guitars I decided to go with them. The first time I spoke with Graham I just wanted to get some prices and we were on the phone for 45 minutes, no pressure, very informative, very friendly, he seemed to be a very genuine guy. And yes they did offer a discount when I told them I was a member of this forum. To be fair, I won't see my guitar (Eagle Classic with a few minor mods) for another 3-4 months, but so far my interaction with those guys couldn't have been better. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

WM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A Millennium Ultra has just about every bell and whistle available...the sky is the limit. If I were building one I'd go for the lightest woods compared to the "prettiest".

Hi,

Could you expand on the lightest wood possible? I don't want a boat anchor are there ways to customize to reduce weight? For example, I notice in the Sardowsky semi-hollow they used a Sitka Spruce sound board allegedly to reduce weight, and it may have benefits for resonance. There are lighter woods like swamp ash, but has anyone used such in a custom build?

On neck options I have a guitar with a laminated Maple neck that I really like. The Millennium has a mahogany neck, has anyone ordered one with a maple neck?

I appreciate all of the advice. I continue to be impressed by the depth of knowledge of Members on this site. I am very excited about ordering this guitar, but want to be sure I have considered options before I pull the trigger. I am going to call dealers to discuss these points.

I am not a professional musician, which I am sure some of you may have ascertained.

Best Regards.

Doc~ If you'd like to sample a few of my Heritage gitfiddles, drop me a pm and we'll arrange for a little 'show n tell'.

I don't have a Maple neck Heritage, but you might get a few ideas for your custom build.

Tim

Archived