Heritage Owners Club

H550 Vs H575

GeorgeMcC

h550_h.jpg

h575_ant_h.jpg

H550.jpgH575%20ANT%20NAT.jpg

H 550

Neck : 17 degree peg head pitch; three- piece curly maple neck; single white bound head veneer with MOP inlay
Fingerboard : Single bound 25-1/2 “ scale ebony fingerboard;split block MOP inlays; 20 frets
Body : Single round Venetian cutaway;hollow body with laminated arch;curly maple top and back;multiple white bound top and back;solid curly maple rim; single white bound pickguard; with “F” holes
Body Size : Rim thickness – 3’’; Body width – 17”; Body length – 20-1/4”
Electronics : Two chrome humbucking pickups; two volume and two tone controls with selector switch
Hardware : Individual nickel plated machine heads; nickel plated bail tail piece; Adjustable roller bridge

H 575

Neck : 17 degree peghead pitch; one-piece mahogany neck.

Fingerboard : 24 3/4” scale rosewood fingerboard with 20 frets; mother of pearl dot positions markers.

Body : Florentine cutaway solid carved curly maple top and back; solid curly maple rim; cream bound top and back wood pickguard; with f-holes.

Body Size : Rim Thickness - 2 3/4” Body Width - 16” Body Length - 20 1/4”

Electronics : Two chrome humbucking pickups; two volume and two tone controls; selector switch.

Hardware : Individual nickel plated machine heads; nickel plated Heritage bail tailpiece; adjustable rosewood bridge.

Can anyone put up a picture of a H550 and a H575 side by side to show comparison? What are the main differences? Thanks

George~ Here's a pic of my 575 next to a formerly owned 550.

The orientation of the shot slightly distorts their relative body size, making the 575's 16" body appear larger than the 550's 17", but you get the idea.

Which are you in the market for...a solid body 575 or laminate 550?

gallery_8_136_107505.jpg

Hi.

Thanks for posting the picture. I have the option of buying a H550 but wasnt sure if the body was too big. I see the 550 is a bit bigger than the 575 but not so different. I have a 555 and just want to finish the sound off with a hollow body. I have been stalling a bit but I think I will go for it. Whats the worst can happen? If I dont like it I can sell it on.

Thanks again for the post. While the stuff from the website is good, its hard to beat an actual photograph.

Cheers

Another thing to consider about these guitars is the width. The H550 is 3" wide but the arches on the top and back are flatter due to the laminate construction. The H575 is 2.75" but due to it being a carved top and back the arches are rounded so it feels wider.

Two very different feeling and sounding guitars but both are very good.

• 3 weeks later...

George~ Here's a pic of my 575 next to a formerly owned 550.

The orientation of the shot slightly distorts their relative body size, making the 575's 16" body appear larger than the 550's 17", but you get the idea.

Which are you in the market for...a solid body 575 or laminate 550?

gallery_8_136_107505.jpg

Sweet 575 GitFiddler!

I own a 575 and once played a 550. The 550 was owned by a fella that was just visiting a guitar shop and happened to have it with him. He was kind enough to let me play it for a moment. Very nice. It projected well acoustically for a laminate. I remember being particularly wow'ed by that.

Archived