Heritage Owners Club

Got My 535 Set Up

Vanschoyck

I just got my 535 back from my set up man and it's much improved. He lowered the nut a little along with a few minor tweaks and it plays great. I have it strung with 11's and the trapeze adds a little more tension so it feels more like an arch top.

I'm told it is very well built, and the neck angle is good etc. The only issue I may have is that the tuners (Grover) are not as smooth as they should be in operation, which surprises me as I've got them on other guitars and they've always been quite good.

I know I posted the picture back when I got it in January, but here it is so you know what guitar I'm talking about.

535b_zps6b90bb57.jpg

Good to hear you had good results from a thorough set up on your H535 as well. Mine come back from having a setup and fret-dress a completely different guitar and played way better than I imagined it could. Always money well spent I say! Amazing colour on yours!

Nothing quite like a good setup to freshen a relationship with a guitar! I've often said my 535 isn't the prettiest, funkiest, most collectible, most expensive, or seductive of my guitars. It's simply the best instrument I've ever owned. Yours is a beauty, David! I love the tailpiece, and that instrument looks every inch the reliable working guitar.

The trapeze gives this a really unique, jazzy look.

I can attest to David's virtuosity. After reading MartyGrass's endorsement of "Tango Apaixonda" I ordered all three of David's cd's on CD Baby. I love playing them when we have friends and family over. David even signed the cd art for me. Now I get to add "I know this guy". Ok, that's a bit of a stretch, but David was very generous in acknowledging my fan request.

Archived