Heritage Owners Club

Fun Poll: Favorite Heritage Color

GuitArtMan

What is your favorite Heritage Color? And yes you have to pick just one!   

155 members have voted

1. 1.

• Almond Sunburst
    • Amber Translucent
    • Antique Cherry Sunburst
    • Antique Natural
    • Antique Sunburst
    • Black
    • Black Translucent
    • Blue Opaque
    • Blue Translucent
    • Burnt Amber
    • Cherry Translucent
    • Chestnut Sunburst
    • Dark Almond Sunburst
    • Emerald Green Translucent
    • Gold Top
    • Natural
    • Old Style Sunburst
    • Orange Translucent
    • Red Opaque
    • Rose Natural
    • Sunsetburst
    • Vintage Sunburst
    • White Opaque

I hope I can fit them all in...

Isn't it great that Heritage offers so many oustanding colors standard, and with the G word you don't get that many from the custom shop?

If have you to post more than one, vote for your favorite and post about your second, third, fourth, etc.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing I don't like about the Vintage Sunburst is that they put a magenta colored stain on the back.  I wish that it was more of a brown color like on my Gibson LP tobacco sunburst standard instead.

Reminds me of Bimini Bay over off Anna Maria, except a little more blue.  And clearer.  And sandier. :D  Out of curiosity, does Heritage double-stain their figured woods like PRS does?  Or, are they just a one shot deal so you get all of the natural chatoyance?

Geetings! My screen name Heritage4 is due to the fact that I own 4 of these great guitars! Purchased them all from our buddy Jay Wolfe (thanks Jay). I have a 555 with a burnt amber finish, my first Heritage and probably my favorite, hence the vote for that color. I also have a 535 goldtop with a Bigsby, a Prospect that has awesome tone in almond sunburst, and another 535 in vintage sunburst. The last 535 in VS I have some "issues" with. Plays great but has a really trebly sound even with the neck pick-up. The pick-ups in it are the SD Seth Lovers, I'm pulling those out and putting a Dimarzio Air Norton in the neck and a Dimarzio Mo' Joe in the bridge. I'll let you know the results. Meanwhile keep playing those Heritages! :D

Welcome to the Club, Heritage4!  I don't think we've seen pics of a 555 yet, you'll have to post some of yours!  That's weird about the trebly issues with your 535.  Last night I read a web page about some guy in Europe who bought a 575, but it wouldn't intonate or stay in tune.  He took it to three different luthiers before someone straightened it out.  The interesting thing was that he bought the guitar in NYC and it played great and without issue before he flew it back. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived