Heritage Owners Club

Fun Poll: Favorite Heritage Color

GuitArtMan

What is your favorite Heritage Color? And yes you have to pick just one!   

155 members have voted

1. 1.

• Almond Sunburst
    • Amber Translucent
    • Antique Cherry Sunburst
    • Antique Natural
    • Antique Sunburst
    • Black
    • Black Translucent
    • Blue Opaque
    • Blue Translucent
    • Burnt Amber
    • Cherry Translucent
    • Chestnut Sunburst
    • Dark Almond Sunburst
    • Emerald Green Translucent
    • Gold Top
    • Natural
    • Old Style Sunburst
    • Orange Translucent
    • Red Opaque
    • Rose Natural
    • Sunsetburst
    • Vintage Sunburst
    • White Opaque

I voted Vintage Sunburst.  Although when I first got my guitar it seemed too yellow to me, especially during the day.  As time has passed it seemed like it was getting darker.  I noticed the other day while changing strings and cleaning my H150, the color under the bridge and tailpiece is definitely lighter than the rest of the top.  I guess the topcoat became more amber with light exposure.  Really looks more vintage now!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Is VSB the one that is supposed to look like the '59 burst LPs?

Supposed (by some, I guess) to, but there's a lot of latitude on that, IMHO.  The real '59's come in an awful lot of flavors, given the different ways they fade.  I've thought about custom ordering a Heritage '59 reproduction.  Were I to, it'd be a variation on the VSB theme, or the exact same finish Brent's last Stat had.  The flame and color of that piece were particularly fine, and very much in the spirit of several of the '59's I've seen in the flesh. 

Supposed (by some, I guess) to, but there's a lot of latitude on that, IMHO.  The real '59's come in an awful lot of flavors, given the different ways they fade.  I've thought about custom ordering a Heritage '59 reproduction.  Were I to, it'd be a variation on the VSB theme, or the exact same finish Brent's last Stat had.  The flame and color of that piece were particularly fine, and very much in the spirit of several of the '59's I've seen in the flesh. 

Well here a pic of "Greeny" with VSB (whic looks more like lemonburst to me). The pic looks like there is more red & orange than there really is.

th_Greeny5.jpg

Wish I could vote more than once. 

I really really like red (Gibson cherry) and blue translucents, but the nicest Heritages I have seen are the OSBs.

I was just getting ready to say I can't believe OSB is behind Blue Translucent! What's wrong with you guys, anyway?  :police: ... Oh wait ... don't answer that! I know enough of you personally to figure that out on my own. ..........  :P

I was just getting ready to say I can't believe OSB is behind Blue Translucent! What's wrong with you guys, anyway?  :police: ... Oh wait ... don't answer that! I know enough of you personally to figure that out on my own. ..........  :P

I resemble that remark!

me too...can i play it, please John :angel:

Clean hands, no belt, no tapping, trimmed fingernails, clean shirt, no sweat & extra deodorant, no children near by, no animals near by, no Ozzy, No zippers, no jeans with rivets, no bracelets, no rings, No bling, No Ozzy, Guitar must be higher than belt line, strings must be wiped down before & after playing, guitar must be wiped down after playing, No excessive feedback, No banging on guitar to increase feedback, No windmills, and finally: playing time must not exceed 15.4 seconds and only after the selected piece to be played has been approved by me, and also...... No Ozzy.

Sure you can play her if the above are followed and if you can pry her out of my hands.

Clean hands, no belt, no tapping, trimmed fingernails, clean shirt, no sweat & extra deodorant, no children near by, no animals near by, no Ozzy, No zippers, no jeans with rivets, no bracelets, no rings, No bling, No Ozzy, Guitar must be higher than belt line, strings must be wiped down before & after playing, guitar must be wiped down after playing, No excessive feedback, No banging on guitar to increase feedback, No windmills, and finally: playing time must not exceed 15.4 seconds and only after the selected piece to be played has been approved by me, and also...... No Ozzy.

Sure you can play her if the above are followed and if you can pry her out of my hands.

How about Jake E Lee then, through a fuzz box, wah, octaver and leslie cab ?

>:D

.. almost forgot are beer bellies allowed ?

;D

Archived