Heritage Owners Club

Fun Poll: Favorite Heritage Color

GuitArtMan

What is your favorite Heritage Color? And yes you have to pick just one!   

155 members have voted

1. 1.

• Almond Sunburst
    • Amber Translucent
    • Antique Cherry Sunburst
    • Antique Natural
    • Antique Sunburst
    • Black
    • Black Translucent
    • Blue Opaque
    • Blue Translucent
    • Burnt Amber
    • Cherry Translucent
    • Chestnut Sunburst
    • Dark Almond Sunburst
    • Emerald Green Translucent
    • Gold Top
    • Natural
    • Old Style Sunburst
    • Orange Translucent
    • Red Opaque
    • Rose Natural
    • Sunsetburst
    • Vintage Sunburst
    • White Opaque

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't believe that Antique Sunburst is in second place. Best.  Color. Ever.

Dick, Dick, Dick...........Don't you know Antique Natural is the coolest color? Well, it got my vote anyway. It is the only color Heritage that I have right now.  Here's 5 Sunburst guitars chasing One Blonde.

width=543 height=480http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b381/Garstguy/5Bursts1Blonde14-1.jpg[/img]

But, I do have to agree that trans. Cherry is a cool color!!

Take care.

Emmitt O.

I can't beleive blue translucent is in first place!  I like it on strat style and maybe PRS guitars but not on Heritages or G word style geeters.

+1 with that sentiment.  I prefer the antique sunburst myself.  Blue, I don't know. If someone would give me one I wouldn't say no, but I wouldn't buy one.

It depends on the type of guitar. I mean Vintage sunburst looks wonderful on a 150 but will loose it's charm on a hollow body type guitar. In my opinion these guitars look  better with a plain, non sunburst finish. I admit, it's a matter of taste!  :)

I voted for sunsetburst, but none of mine are that color.  After thinking and seeing more, I think I'd have to admit that VSB is my fav on the H150, I like cherryburst and natural too. 

i like the old style burst better than antique burst, not a big fan of the blues and greens.  Red is OK for the 335s, or natural.

chico

My 170 says "VSB" inside the control cavity but, doesnt really look like the example they gave on that chart. Doesnt have the orange burst type thing to it at all. Think that chart is quite general as a lot of the finishes seem pretty different in reality.

Really like that 137 Dick. Very understated and a bit different.

h170.jpg

h170.jpg_thumb

• 3 months later...

How'd I miss this poll? I've got an affinity for darker bursts. My fav (right now) is the Old Styl SB. After that, in no particular order:

Dark Almond Burst (that could be a good candy bar name!!)

Almond Burst (in milk chocolate)

Vintage Sunburst

Antique Sunburst

On ANY of the H's

doggy:

When ordering my Super, I inquired of Jay what I might expect in the way of finish, compared to the H website chart.  He said they can vary widely, depending on who's mixing, who's spraying, and what each particular piece of lumber does to the finish as it's applied.  Jay said that's part of the charm of the instruments from a small builder like Heritage.  I'm not at all fond of the sunsetburst as it appears on the H chart, but My 150 has that finish, and it's the most beautiful finish I've ever seen on a guitar...about half of the reason I bought that one, the other half being it plays as fab as it looks!      ;D

Southpaw:

:-[    I've promised the obligatory pics for the site for months.  I don't own a camera, but my best friend's a terrific photographer.  Just haven't been able to nail him down.  Thought the bottle of eighteen-year-old scotch at Christmas would get results, but not yet.  Wanted to have pics as quality as yours and most all of those posted here...seemed only right for my Heritages....  Soon!

• 2 months later...
Thought I would bump this for all the new members.

+ 1 and thank you  :);) 8)

btw, I voted for Sunsetburst ...... think it would look very nice on a 150 ..... hmmm, can you say g.a.s.  ;D

+ 1 and thank you  :);) 8)

btw, I voted for Sunsetburst ...... think it would look very nice on a 150 ..... hmmm, can you say g.a.s.  ;D

Who is it that has the Sunset Burst on the 150? Or was it a Millie? Nice finish, for sure. Almost like a Black Burst, iirc.

Archived