Heritage Owners Club

tune- a matic on a maple top 575?

ironmike

Yes....

For what I do, I prefer it over a wood bridge, but I am after a more modern take on a jazz tone

that overlaps into rock territory. Also I never use anything heavier than 11's with a plain G

so I appreciate more flexibility with setting intonation.

Both of these are gone but I'm sure in the hunt for another at some point.

IMG_0632.jpg

DSC00757.jpg

i'd like to try one on my maple top,it may work well.that guitar has the shaller pickups and is a stiff top. i was thinking it might sound brighter rigged that way.different tools for different sounds..

My L5 came with one - kinda wish it didn't but since it's the only guitar I have that's like that I leave it alone. The little retaining wire can rattle and that gets to me little; If I stay on my meds it's not so bad.

It should work on a 575 just fine - just a matter of preference.

L5_zps0ebe3583.jpg

My L5 came with one - kinda wish it didn't but since it's the only guitar I have that's like that I leave it alone. The little retaining wire can rattle and that gets to me little; If I stay on my meds it's not so bad.

It should work on a 575 just fine - just a matter of preference.

L5_zps0ebe3583.jpg

Holy Moley, that is a sweet L5!

considering how "stiff " the maple top is on this box , i thought the rosewood bridge was doing a poor job at conducting energy into the top, so i made the switch,and i'm glad i did, this one is strung with thomastic enfeld 13 guage beebops, and it ready has a nice balance now..it worked!

post-20133-0-53301200-1417103666_thumb.jpg

beats me, i found a setup in my bag of tricks that accumulated over the last four decades..the bridge and tune-o-matic were bought together as a set..i think you can still get them that way from stu mac or any good shop.

• 2 months later...

I've never put a tune-o-matic on my 575, but it seems like an easy experiment and not too costly. Buy the new bridge, switch it out, make some minor adjustments, see how you like. I may give this a try. Thanks for the inspiration!

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_Parts/Bridges_and_Tailpieces/Archtop_Guitar/Tune-o-matic_Bridge_For_Archtop_Guitar.html

Archived