Heritage Owners Club

P90 Parlor: Love'em or Hate'em, Let's Chat!

Gitfiddler

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I got this one before I discovered Heritage, but I love it just the same and just got done playing it.  The third knob is a bass contour knob....very useful! 

Nothing wrong with Reverend guitars. Especially if it's a real one! Looks cool.  8)

I got this one before I discovered Heritage, but I love it just the same and just got done playing it.  The third knob is a bass contour knob....very useful! 

How's the neck profile and most importantly, the tone of that P90 Reverend?

How's the neck profile and most importantly, the tone of that P90 Reverend?

I consider the neck to be on the chunky side, certainly chunkier than either of my Heritages, but quite comfy for me.  Nicely balanced too....no neck diving.  Tonewise, it covers alot of territory.  Very warm on the neck with the bass contour turned up.....contrast that with bass contour turned down and on the bridge pup, you're in the tele neighborhood.  It can be quite snappy.  Really nice running both pups with contour at about 1/2.....great for rhythm.  It's my wife's favorite....and she's got a pretty good ear for tone.  (She also thinks it looks like an owl  :P)  There are some vids on yootoob, but they really don't do it justice tonewise.  It's a very nice player.  I was getting some nice singing lead tone using my JTM-45 clone and the bridge pickup this morning.....reminded me of ABB tone.  I loved it!

I should add that this is by far the most versatile guitar I've ever had.  Consider that it has three positions on the pickup switch, plus the bass contour knob, which really adds some options.  I have wondered if Lollars would be usable with that knob.  I don't know if it has extra leads or how it's wired, or anything like that.  I'd sure like to find out.

Hey, that's spiffy, SPG.  Who winds those P90s?  Cool looking headstock too!  8)

The pickups are EBMMs own, as far as I know, with their proprietary noise reduction system. I have been checking this model out for a while now and according to the reviews and threads I've seen they sound great. I haven't actually played a P-90 equipped guitar so I'm taking a bit of a risk. Mind you it was not that long ago since I took the plunge on Heritage, and G&L, and I'm extremely glad I did !

This rosewood model in particular is very impressive, a solid rosewood top and neck, I can almost feel that wood already !

Reminds me of chocolate fudge cake

cake.jpg

Now I'm feeling hungry ....

;D

Just snagged this on Ebay ... an EBMM Super Sport SS / P-90s .... all rosewood !!!

Thanks Brent !

YOU ARE VERY WELCOME PAUL!  I USED TO OWN ONE OF THESE W/ A FLOYD.....VERY COOL GUITARS!  THE NECKS ARE SSSSOOOOO  SSSMMMOOTTHHH ;D

I consider the neck to be on the chunky side, certainly chunkier than either of my Heritages, but quite comfy for me.  Nicely balanced too....no neck diving.  Tonewise, it covers alot of territory.  Very warm on the neck with the bass contour turned up.....contrast that with bass contour turned down and on the bridge pup, you're in the tele neighborhood.  It can be quite snappy.  Really nice running both pups with contour at about 1/2.....great for rhythm.  It's my wife's favorite....and she's got a pretty good ear for tone.  (She also thinks it looks like an owl  :P)  There are some vids on yootoob, but they really don't do it justice tonewise.  It's a very nice player.  I was getting some nice singing lead tone using my JTM-45 clone and the bridge pickup this morning.....reminded me of ABB tone.  I loved it!

I should add that this is by far the most versatile guitar I've ever had.  Consider that it has three positions on the pickup switch, plus the bass contour knob, which really adds some options.  I have wondered if Lollars would be usable with that knob.  I don't know if it has extra leads or how it's wired, or anything like that.  I'd sure like to find out.

Karma up for your very thorough (and GAS-inducing) response about your Reverend Manta! 8)

Archived