Heritage Owners Club

Incoming

Shoman

Its a shame is covered in such an opique color. Unless its mint, I'd say strip in and show of some mahogany wood grain goodness!

Oh, and don't even be looking at the painted beauty of this awesome instrument. Just looking at it will make you dance and tap your fingers and feet.

WOOHOO, it's in. I would say that it is exactly Blood orange color. Not Red, not orange .... it's Norad. haha Looks to be in decent shape. A few more dings than I expected but certainly within the description. Has the original knobs in the case and new chrome knobs on. The seller sent new strings and some pics.. nice guy. The bridge has saddle adjustments left to right as well as up/back. May be a replacement. The stop looks factory as I have seen on some others, showing the beginnings of pitting. Think I can polish it out.

h-127_zpswchai1fi.png. Here is a pic with the original Knobs. Think the tuners are original but will probably upgrade those and put the original knobs back on and keep the chrome for something else. So I think the Stop/Bridge, saddles and even the knobs are good. Will replace the tuners but keep them as they are original and working. Not sure about trying to touch it up yet. Will be hard to match this red. It's exactly how it looks in the pics. Needs a setup as strings are high and the radius looks out of wack. Neck seems straight enough.

I need to find some information on how the controls work. I'm relatively new to playing so takes me a while to figure things out.

Here is the only information I have on it:

One of a handful of this model, hand made by Heritage in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

Two humbucking pups, coil taps, two volume, master tone and Heritage vari-phase control.

Ren from Heritage said in an email to me ...

"
Terry

We have made only a hand full of the H-127. Great guitar, but never caught on. Now it's a collectable.
Mahogany body and neck. 24 3/4" scale

Not to much info on this as it was only produced for a short time.

Very nice find. Too bad this is no longer being made. I always thought it was a winner, and still do."

If anyone has anything else, please let me know. I've written Heritage but this is not even listed on their discontinued models page.

Thanks

What the hay, I Just got up off of my old fat wrinkly ass and all the controls information is right in the case , along with 2 sets of 10's and a couple of picks. Thanks Terry..... Also found out that the strings on it are 11's.

I should probably post the information up here so it's available by search. I'm sure the trawling bots will have it available within an hour.

H127 Controls

Large toggle Switch

Up = Neck Pickup

Mid = Neck and Bridge Pickup

Down = Bridge Pickup

Knobs

Top Left = Neck Volume

Top Rt = Variphase

Bottom Left = Bridge Volume

Bottom Rt = Common Tone Control

I need t make a chart and figure out how to put it here with html code. Will take me a while,, kinda rusty on that. Need 9 rows and 6 columns for the Toggles

Just got back from the Luthiers today and it's not good news. The Guitar is not fine. There is a difference between the left and right side of the neck. Neck on frets1-6 on the Low e side goes up and neck on the High e side goes down. I'm talking about the neck here and not the frets. The frets have been leveled but the neck is not. This is the case with the truss rod nut engaged or not engaged. So while the truss rod works the left and right sides of the neck do not match. Won't be able to set up and maintain tuning. Kinda explains why the strings were so high, especially the high e My luthier says that it would be very expensive to repair as the frets would need to be removed and the neck reworked/leveled.

I called the Seller but he's not returned my call yet. Pretty sure he will as he's been good to deal with so far.

I called Heritage and very briefly spoke with Ren. At first he was thinking the h-127 was a bolt on as he suggested I send the neck but I corrected him that it was a neck through. Really torn on what to do here. I can ship to Heritage pay shipping both ways and $100.00 for them to look at it but unless they are guaranteeing for life I'm going to be out some big bucks. I need to call them again tomorrow and get a better understanding of what this might cost. All they said today was ship it and pay $100.00. Can't imagine that is for repairing it but ...

If any of you have had dealings with Heritage on issues similar to this I'd sure like to hear about them I know Heritage is Top Notch but need some input if you got it

Heir Apparent, where did you have it done?

Regarding PSP: Yeah, wish I could have taken part in that. Sounds like great fun. Maybe Next year.

Haven't heard back from the seller yet. I'll try him again in the morning..

Is it one of the pics posted earlier?

I'm sorry to hear about the guitar having what sounds like a warped neck. I hope you can get this resolved with the seller. By the way, Heritage is closed on Friday, so you'll have to wait until Monday to get in touch with them. Good Luck!

This is how mine started:

9.jpg?gl=US

This is how it was finished:

127-11.jpg?gl=US

127-1.jpg?gl=US

I have no doubt that Heritage can repair your guitar, but a lifetime guarantee might be asking a bit much.

Hey guys, Yes, not really expecting any guarantee. I just meant that because it is an older guitar, I wouldn't expect any sort of warranty. Seller hasn't responded to yesterdays phone message or today's email but I think he's on vacation in Canada.

Arggh, just called Heritage and found out that they are closed as you pointed out.

totonka, do you mind me asking about what it cost and how long ago that was. Is that you in the pic or... know Ive seen him before, is he with Heritage?

I really would like to repair this as it is really a cool guitar.

Looking at the pickups, all I see is "neck" "bridge". No numbers or other designations. Trying to figure if they are orig Heritage, perhaps HRW or what? Pots are a little scratchy but that's not a big deal really.

I use, Joe Tessouns, is here locally. He's having a fit cause he knows I want to get it repaired and he's advising me that it's not worth it. Kinda one of those " in the eye of the beholder" things but we'll see....

Thanks for posting.

If you bought the guitar off of Reverb.com, and the seller did not disclose the neck twist or any defect, you should try their recourse channels. Communicate through Reverb until the seller makes things right.

Hey guys, Yes, not really expecting any guarantee. I just meant that because it is an older guitar, I wouldn't expect any sort of warranty. Seller hasn't responded to yesterdays phone message or today's email but I think he's on vacation in Canada.

Arggh, just called Heritage and found out that they are closed as you pointed out.

totonka, do you mind me asking about what it cost and how long ago that was. Is that you in the pic or... know Ive seen him before, is he with Heritage?

I really would like to repair this as it is really a cool guitar.

Looking at the pickups, all I see is "neck" "bridge". No numbers or other designations. Trying to figure if they are orig Heritage, perhaps HRW or what? Pots are a little scratchy but that's not a big deal really.

I use, Joe Tessouns, is here locally. He's having a fit cause he knows I want to get it repaired and he's advising me that it's not worth it. Kinda one of those " in the eye of the beholder" things but we'll see....

Thanks for posting.

I would tell you that if you want the guitar back in working order, send it back to Heritage, where they can do what they do. What they do isn't free, nor should it be. But in the end, I think you will be happy.

Here's some videos of my 127 in action, none of me playing because, well, I stink...

https://vimeo.com/118762600

https://vimeo.com/117117625

https://vimeo.com/46924693

https://vimeo.com/27746890

I did hear from the seller today and as I expected,, he's willing to take it back. Very nice guy really. Has always communicated well and you can tell just from the way it was packed for shipment that he cares about guitars and doing it right.

So I told him to take the weekend and consider whether he wanted to offer a partial refund of what I paid, rather than take it back. I'll talk to Ren on Monday to get a better idea of what it's going to cost me.

Getting ready to take a look at those vids's totonka. thanks

Listed at $1200.00. I paid $760.00 plus $60 Shipping for a total of $820.00. He offered an additional $100.00 off which will not even pay the shipping for me to send it to/from anyone. He also offered to send a shipping label for return which is what I plan to do.

At that price and with the cost of fixing the neck, crowning the frets, cleaning pots and setup it would put it too high unless the guitar is worth way more than what I have been able to ascertain.

Made for some good reading anyway.

Archived