Heritage Owners Club

heritage 537?

heritagefan7

Bit of a red flag after reading the seller's description...

"The custom wound "HRW" pickups have rich output and sound fantastic in this guitar"

There are no pole pieces on the covers and there isn't the HRW toggle switch.

Still, its a beauty. Single cut 535.

To me a Flortine cutaway looks better on a single cutaway...

Paul Yandell used to play this model back when he played with Chet Atkins. He sold me his at a Nashville Guitar show and gave me an autographed photo of he & his Heritage on stage with Chet. I shoulda' never sold that one.

Paul Yandell used to play this model back when he played with Chet Atkins. He sold me his at a Nashville Guitar show and gave me an autographed photo of he & his Heritage on stage with Chet. I shoulda' never sold that one.

C'mon, Jay...you know the rules around here. Pics or it didn't happen! :icon_smile:

C'mon, Jay...you know the rules around here. Pics or it didn't happen! :icon_smile:

Sorry- Not aware of the "rule." It happened alright and I actually bought several Guitars from the late Mr. Yandell. He used to frequent the NV shows & sell & trade. Heritage used to have his photo in an early catalog- which I have tucked away somewhere. I'm quite sure Ren & the guys have pix of Paul with his H537 in Orange Trans. finish. He's still listed as an endorser, although he claimed to have only played the 537 a few times. I recall buying an Amp from him that he said he bought from Chet. It was a Standel, and Yandell was a Standel collector of sorts- maybe cuz it rhymes with his name? He was a nice guy & a fine "picker."

Can someone figure this out for me? How is this different than an Academy or a single cut Prospect?

The 537 has the same 16" lower bout as H535/H555.

Sorry- Not aware of the "rule." It happened alright and I actually bought several Guitars from the late Mr. Yandell. He used to frequent the NV shows & sell & trade. Heritage used to have his photo in an early catalog- which I have tucked away somewhere. I'm quite sure Ren & the guys have pix of Paul with his H537 in Orange Trans. finish. He's still listed as an endorser, although he claimed to have only played the 537 a few times. I recall buying an Amp from him that he said he bought from Chet. It was a Standel, and Yandell was a Standel collector of sorts- maybe cuz it rhymes with his name? He was a nice guy & a fine "picker."

No worries, Jay. Just jerkin' your chain. I'm sure you have many cool stories of your interactions with interesting people from over the years. As you are probably aware we love photos here on the HOC.

Archived