Heritage Owners Club

One amp to rule them all?

I have a great 30-40w 1x12 tube combo, with a master volume & reverb

that is my go-to amp.

just the right size so you can turn it up & get it cooking, but it's not earbleeding volume

unfortunately the builder has passed away. but his tone lives on

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

T Bone, you need a Fender Twin...it will build you muscles and takes pedals well..I just happen to have a 73 blackfaced by Dave's Sound up in your neck of the woods...would make you a great deal...oh it's on wheels too ha ha.

Seriously, you should have a Fender type for cleans, a tweed type and maybe a Marshall / Vox type..

You're a Carvin fan it appears..used to look at their mail order catalog back in the day..way pre internet..

Problem with selling amps is shipping must be a PIA.

Yeah, shipping is a PIA. I have dealt with a fender twin, the problem is that they are just SO DAMN LOUD. Guitarist in the last band I played with had two amps: Fender Reissue Twin Reverb, and a Roland JC-120. In the end he actually went to the roland because it was cleaner. The Twin takes pedals well, but not as well as the JC120.

I have recently tried a Fender Vibrolux in depth and it was a fabulous amp. I now have to decide if I am going to shell out £1000 for one as I can't find a used one. Like AP I currently play a Hot Rod, a nice amp but all the volume comes in on 1 to 4. Other than that, very nice. I am going to have it moded to have a more stable volume control.

I have recently tried a Fender Vibrolux in depth and it was a fabulous amp. I now have to decide if I am going to shell out £1000 for one as I can't find a used one. Like AP I currently play a Hot Rod, a nice amp but all the volume comes in on 1 to 4. Other than that, very nice. I am going to have it moded to have a more stable volume control.

Have you tried looking at the Fender Supersonic series? It seems to have a lot more versatility than a lot of the older design amps.

Right now though, I need to unbury a bunch of amps, and see how they REALLY sound. time to remove the chaff.

Have you tried looking at the Fender Supersonic series? It seems to have a lot more versatility than a lot of the older design amps.

Right now though, I need to unbury a bunch of amps, and see how they REALLY sound. time to remove the chaff.

No, not seen those, I will have to look a them on the fender website. I am really looking for that wonderful fender clean sound.

I dig the Egnater stuff from the TOL and ie4 to the MTS stuff. They never seemed any heavier than other tube amps of the same wattage. Mojave Peacemaker with the stainless chassis now that's a HEAVY amp.

Archived