Heritage Owners Club

Caline Pure Sky; Timmy Clone

schundog

In the never-ending pursuit of tone (to quote Premier Guitar Magazine), I drank the Kool-Aid and picked up this Timmy clone. I already have two overdrives on my board that I really like, the Fulltone OCD and the EHX Soul Food, but this is supposed to be more controllable than the Soul Food, with individual controls for treble and bass. I got a great deal on Amazon for around $30, so I don't know how I could go wrong (about 1/2 price of the normal price.) This is, of course, silly, as I don't play out, and I already have these sitting in a box:

Boss DS-1 (modded)

Boss Metal Zone

Digitech Bad Monkey

BBE Green Screamer (Tube Screamer clone, bought from our recently deceased JazzRat)

InTheBlues Youtube site is bad for my wallet; he makes stuff sound so great, and I end up sounding like, well, me.....

OverDrives are the best saturated tone controllers IMO (right after a good amp native ones)

I'm currently using a B.K Butler Tube Works the old 3 knobs model, with a real tube inside

and the overdriven channel of my Fender Montreux vintage amp

I'm quite satisfied and sometimes impressed with the variety of tone range I can get through them

top on my ODs whishlist is L'Overdrive (means The Overdrive) by VDL

some action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0dDk3s4x2c

(older demo but nice one)

paired with VDL's Vibes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXsE0fSy60s

during the last years I've been happily descovering the great italian boutique pedals market, fine quality and lots of choices

another good one is DualDrive by CostaLab a pedal maker which totals 5 ODs and one custom Muff

so many refs online to share... :)

sorry if I got a bit lengthy...but you know how it goes :-D

It's been my experience that every time I buy a pedal I've seen demonstrated on youtube someone has already used all the good licks and talent that are supposed to come with the pedal!! And I'm stuck with the 3 same 'ol licks I have loaded into my current pedals. And no more talent! Kinda torques me off.

It's been my experience that every time I buy a pedal I've seen demonstrated on youtube someone has already used all the good licks and talent that are supposed to come with the pedal!! And I'm stuck with the 3 same 'ol licks I have loaded into my current pedals. And no more talent! Kinda torques me off.

Yeah, that!! :laughing4:

OverDrives are the best saturated tone controllers IMO (right after a good amp native ones)

Well said I use one of theseattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Best pedal ever....

Truly a man of refined, tempered taste.

Archived