Heritage Owners Club

The Value of the pots that come stock with Heritage guitars

Ghostbound

They're probably 500K, but I had 450K pots in one of my guitars, an H150P from the mid-90s.

I also leaned that Heritage isn't above putting cheap inexpensive pots in their products. My 2006 Millie Standard Ultra (or is it Millie Ultra Std?), was found to have cheap $2-3 pots instead of more highly regarded ones from CTS.

The luthier I went to put 500K Musicman pots in the Millie after one of the originals went bad. They took some of the harshness out of my bridge pickup (HRW). Depending on what's in there, you might consider replacing them when you put new pickups in.

post-1594-0-34182100-1446666613_thumb.jpg

Alex, have we seen pics of the triple nickel??? Good Gawd man, what's the matter with you. You come on asking for free advice and don't even share a few titillating photos???

IMHO, if'n your gonna go to the trouble of replacing p'ups on a semi, you already have to completely remove the harness just to de-solder and re-solder....If I were you I'd do the whole monty... get a complete harness and pups. Granted you have a later model guitar, and it may well have high end components, you'll find out one way or another if you do this project. My 2002 535 had a lesser harness, pot's and wiring. Given that you've got yourself a 2500.00 guitar which may well bring auditory bliss to your loved ones for the next half century, assemble yourself a proper and complete rewiring, do it right, do it once, and be done. Then you just play the #$%*@# thing.

I don't know what p'ups you're considering, but even if you went with widely available Duncans, you're dropping a couple hundred dollars already, more for boutique p'ups. Spend the extra $90 and get a jonesyblues or mojotone, or for a few bucks more, RS Guitarworks. Be done with it.

I did this job myself and went with Sheptone p'ups and Jonesyblues Harness. Piece of mind.

original

P1130314.jpg

Jonesyblues 50's style wiring

b08a70de.jpg

The value of the pots? About $2 a piece....

That's the cheapest pot (s) around!

Archived