Heritage Owners Club

Choose Your Finish

Gitfiddler

Have you checked out the "Choose Your Finish" area of the new Heritage Guitars website? Pretty good representations, and a few new ones.

I especially like that they re-named the former "Blue Burst" to "Neptune Blue Burst". That's the name I gave my 575 Custom. :icon_smurf:

http://heritageguitar.com/choose-your-finish/

My Kahuna is "neptune blueburst" on the sticker:

kahuna9.jpg

I always thought of "blueburst" as a black to blue burst. With G&L though it's more of a deep navy blue to blue burst.

Aha! So there already was a Neptune Blue. Cool!

I've always dug your Kahuna.

Have you checked out the "Choose Your Finish" area of the new Heritage Guitars website? Pretty good representations, and a few new ones.

I especially like that they re-named the former "Blue Burst" to "Neptune Blue Burst". That's the name I gave my 575 Custom. :icon_smurf:

http://heritageguitar.com/choose-your-finish/

You mean the one formerly owned by me Tim?

Who will be the first among us to choose a finish for a new custom ordered build from the "new" Heritage?

Will it be you? Or you? Or . . . you?

(Da da da da . . . )

I'm on the cusp of ordering ,, dont know if I'll be the first...

I like sunsetburst the best, but with only a smidge of red, like, maybe half as much. Would love to order a 576 type, brought from the dead. Would have a Sunsetburst back, Amber natural sides, and a Rose natural top. Know they'd never build it, though.- Charles

Who will be the first among us to choose a finish for a new custom ordered build from the "new" Heritage?

(Da da da da . . . )

After the ordeal with selling my H-535 I went with a local Heritage dealer that gave me more than they should have for my damaged H-535. I've got my request for quote in with a custom color (basically the Neptune Blue Burst over Teal in the center to give it a Caribbean Sea feel) but was told no on my inlay request so I need to figure that out. Also waiting to hear back if they'll still match an existing neck profile and a 100% that they'll do a volute (I'm trying to duplicate my '79 LP Artist neck that was made in Kalamazoo!)

So hopefully I've already got it in the works. I put the request in the Friday they announced the two week closing LOL.

After the ordeal with selling my H-535 I went with a local Heritage dealer that gave me more than they should have for my damaged H-535. I've got my request for quote in with a custom color (basically the Neptune Blue Burst over Teal in the center to give it a Caribbean Sea feel) but was told no on my inlay request so I need to figure that out. Also waiting to hear back if they'll still match an existing neck profile and a 100% that they'll do a volute (I'm trying to duplicate my '79 LP Artist neck that was made in Kalamazoo!)

So hopefully I've already got it in the works. I put the request in the Friday they announced the two week closing LOL.

Sounds like we have a winner. I love the idea of the volute. So much ado was made over that design element, and so many other builders used the same idea with no ire directed at them. That was one of the reasons I had a trapeze put on my 535, so it would look a little like the 335's I used to drool over when I was a young-un.

Honestly I just like the feel of a volute when I'm playing as a reference point. My Martins all have the little diamond, and my LP has a swell. With the maple/walnut neck it isn't like the volute is needed for strength like with 'hog but I like them.

As I said, though, I'm still waiting on confirmation that they'll do the burst over a teal. I might just end up with translucent teal or I might have to source the finish myself and send it in. We'll see...

(Da da da da . . . )

I wish. Finance almost certainly will mean that it stays on the unfufilled wish list but I'd love a 525 set up like my custom 575 with a 25.5" scale length, my chunky C neck contour and a neck humbucker only. The finish is an easy call: the Heritage Old Style Sunburst is about as close to perfect as it gets.

Archived