Heritage Owners Club

Eagle with carved spruce top?

DC Ron

Thanks, I'll give Jay a call!  Looks like Ed is out of the Heritage business according to his site.  Can't find a Blue Note Music site but have their contact info, and really like the photo on their site: http://www.telegraphlive.com/shopping/do_s...&shop_id=34

No problem Ron, I'm beginning to sound like a Wolfe Guitars endorsee today !

...Can't find a Blue Note Music site but have their contact info, and really like the photo on their site...

James is a crusty New York jazzer with a lot of nice Heritage guitars in stock. Mostly new, but occasionally a used one shows up. I haven't been in there in years, but he caters to jazz guys and carries Polytones, etc.

It's a candy store for me. LOTS of Heritage archtops, and some others.

Blue Note - Stay away.  The owner is a major wanker.  No respect for his customers.  Last time I was in there he started ripping on a potential customer because that customer didn't like the color and shop wear on a new $3000 guitar.

He'd rather tell you about all the "famous musicians" he knows rather than help you find a guitar that suits your needs.

I wouldn't even buy a string winder from that guy.

Blue Note - Stay away.  The owner is a major wanker.  No respect for his customers.  Last time I was in there he started ripping on a potential customer because that customer didn't like the color and shop wear on a new $3000 guitar.

He'd rather tell you about all the "famous musicians" he knows rather than help you find a guitar that suits your needs.

I wouldn't even buy a string winder from that guy.

in todays hard economic times...that kind of service will get you nowhere....except out of business

Blue Note is truly a drool-worthy little guitar shop.  It is not the best place to hang out and noodle on guitars...unless you are interested in buying.

I've been Cassella's 'victim' a few times, taking in my old Sweet 16 for each of its three pickup swaps.  Finally decided on a Kent Armstrong PAF.  He did great work on the installs, even put in an under-the-pickguard-stealth volume/tone control, and changed the tiny potentiometer twice at no charge, until it sounded just perfect to his ear.  Yep, he can be a jerk, but man, he knows his stuff.

Update: Washington Music Center has two NOS (P serial numbers!) ASB Eagles Classics hanging on the wall.  They both have issues: loose binding, hardware corrosion, poorly fitted bridge/nut, etc.  No doubt they have interesting stories beyond what I can get from the WMC folks ("They've been around a while but they're new--we're blowing them out").  They have zero playing wear but may require moderate-to-significant assistance to bring back.  But they are both VERY handsome.  WMC is asking $2350 with Harptone case...

...he can be a jerk, but man, he knows his stuff.

Yeah that's kinda my take on him too. Some of his employees look a little embaressed for him when he goes off on a rant.

Hey, he's a New Yorker. I sorta understand. But a little goes a long ways.

I'm from New York too, but got married here in California, so I'm all "fixed" now (kinda like an old pussycat: just lookin' for a sunny spot). :angel:

I don't buy that New Yorker crap.  The guy is an ass, that's all.  If he had any talent, he'd be playing out, and we'd be talking about him as a guitarist, not a guitar shop owner wankjob.

New Yorkers are cool people.  They tell it like it is.  I dig that.

Don't mistake telling it like it is for being an a-hole.  There is a huge difference.

You want a good guy in the Easy Bay?  Talk to Jim at The 5th string in Berkeley.  He doesn't sell Heritage, mostly acoustic stuff, but each time I've visited that shop, he's been cool.  Hell, last time I was there he was carving a mandolin top - if that ain't cool.....

You want a Heritage, talk to Jay Wolfe.  'nuff said.

Happy New Years everyone!

Archived