Heritage Owners Club

SEMI HOLLOW TUXEDO NGD

brentrocks

There is nothing quite like the look of a black guitar with mother of pearl inlays on an ebony fretboard and gold hardware.... often referred to as the "Tuxedo"

Most commonly seen as a Les Paul Custom, not on a semi-hollow too often.   

This 2003 Heritage Millennium DC Custom brings those two worlds together in one guitar.

The Millennium Series has a mahogany skeleton that is routed out and capped with a solid maple top and back.  Its actually has more hollowness to it than an ES 335/H535 style guitar, with the body size very close to a Les Paul.

24 3/4 scale with a medium C neck carve.  Only 8 lbs... and with the double cut, great access to the upper register!

I bought this one without pickups.  I had a set of 1983 Gibson Shaw PAFs with gold covers patiently waiting to be installed in this beautiful guitar.  I also installed a set of Kluson Revolution locking tuners that retro fit over the factory Grovers.  I upgraded the caps while i was inside... the stock Heritage caps are not the greatest quality in that era, so I installed a pair of .015 Russian PIO caps.

After installing a new set of GHS 10s and doing a setup on it, i was able to achieve a nice medium/low action that plays really smooth.  

The Shaws sound great!  The guitar is very warm.  Lightweight, awesome tone, great playability!!!!

IMG_5698IMG_5708IMG_5707

IMG_5705IMG_5704IMG_5703IMG_5702IMG_5701

IMG_5700

Just now, Spectrum13 said:

Sir Brently you are a word smith and missed your calling writing copy for a add agency,

That is one pretty millie!!!

THANK YOU!  English was always my best subject in shcool.

Looks beautiful!  The MOP fret markers , gold hardware, cool binding and glossy black body look so classy.   I was never a fan of these when they came out (what was I thinking) but I’m a fan now.   I have a couple 535’s and love them but after playing a 339 recently, I understand the allure of a smaller body.    The horns are a bit different but this one is similar to a 339 Gibson.    The 339 my friend has is pretty cool and light, with no F holes.   I’m an F Hole fan but like the 339 with no holes.    Plus I like the compartment in the back for easy wiring changes.  Changing pickups on a semi hollow is bad for my anger management!  
Thanks for sharing the pictures of your beautiful creation.   I look forward to hearing some sound clips.  

Archived