Heritage Owners Club

Tube Amp Doctor Red Base 7025 Preamp Tube

tsp17

Excellent tube.  I just swapped out some Mesa Boogie SPAX preamp tubes for these 7025 and really like the results.   Clean, quiet, warm, but nice and lively once you give them enough gain.  

I’ve had really good success with all the TAD red base high performance tubes.  Good build quality and they perform as described.

I have not checked lately, but has the price of tubes come down yet?

Also, where are those Mesa boogie tubes builty?

rick

On 7/16/2023 at 7:03 PM, tsp17 said:

Excellent tube.  I just swapped out some Mesa Boogie SPAX preamp tubes for these 7025 and really like the results.   Clean, quiet, warm, but nice and lively once you give them enough gain.  

I’ve had really good success with all the TAD red base high performance tubes.  Good build quality and they perform as described.

I'm using a TAD premium selected low noise 6072 tube in a Rode Classic II microphones and it's been great. 

On 7/20/2023 at 4:19 PM, bolero said:

Are these TAD new production tubes? If so who's making them?

From the TAD website:  https://www.tubeampdoctor.com

Manufactured in an exclusive production facility, the TAD REDBASE series is not only the first choice for musicians and hi-fi connoisseurs, but also for leading amp manufacturers. In 2020, the Tube Amp Doctor invested in a new cooperation with a small manufacturer in China to produce a completely newly developed tube line: the TAD REDBASE™.

Through the combination of tradition and innovation, through investments in production facilities as well as their expansion and modernization, we have succeeded in building premium tubes with the TAD REDBASE™, both in terms of quality and sound. At this point in time, the range already includes 6L6GCM, 6L6WGC(5881), 6V6GT, EL34, EL84, 12BH7A, ECC82/12AU7, 5U4G and GZ34 tubes.

The expansion of the TAD REDBASE™ series is in full progress with the new 12AX7/ECC83/7025, just going into full scale production and most recently, the KT88-STR. We will continue with the development of the 6550A-STR, E82CC/12AU7WA and 12AT7/ECC81.

Archived