Heritage Owners Club

Custom Core H-150 - Which Faber Bridge?

eelpout

Hello - I am looking to upgrade the bridge on my Custom Core H-150 but I'm having trouble figuring out which part to buy. The bridge posts on the guitar screw directly into the top like an ABR-1, but the current bridge is wider like a Nashville bridge. The locking mechanism with the current bridge makes it a little unclear what the post width is.

Unfortunately, the Faber website doesn't offer much help either as the only Heritage information refers to guitars with Schaller hardware. Faber sells the following:

#3031 - For Gibson with ABR-1

https://faberusa.com/product-category/faber-tone-lock/faber-tone-lock-bridges/for-gibson-and-heritage-guitars/for-gibson-with-abr-1-bridge-tl/

#3031-EZ - for Gibson USA with ABR-1

https://faberusa.com/product-category/faber-tone-lock/faber-tone-lock-bridges/for-gibson-and-heritage-guitars/for-gibson-with-usa-abr-1-bridge/

#3031-NSW - for Gibson with Nashville/Heritage with Schaller Bridges

https://faberusa.com/product-category/faber-tone-lock/faber-tone-lock-bridges/for-gibson-and-heritage-guitars/for-gibson-with-nashville-heritage-with-schaller-bridges/

Can anyone who has already replaced the bridge on their CC H-150 provide some guidance? Thanks!

I replaced the stock pinnacle bridge on my custom core with a Faber Tone-lock bridge.  BUT here is the key... you need to use the pinnacle thumb wheels and pinnacle top locking set screws.  THE diameter of the posts into the wood that pinnacle uses is proprietary and too large for the locking screws that come with the Faber tone-lock bridge.  The bridge fits on the Custom Core just fine, so just use the pinnacle posts, thumb wheels, and top locking set screws and it will work great.

SO it doesn't matter which one you buy, because the only difference from Faber is the diameter of the top locking screws (the tone-lock bridges themselves are all the same).

I bought this one https://faberusa.com/product-category/faber-bridges/faber-tone-lock-bridge/gibson-heritage/gibson-with-abr-1/ 

You might as well get the locking tailpiece studs too from Faber.  They are incredible.  With the locking bridge and locking stoptail studs, no hardware will move or fall off if you remove all the strings! 

1 hour ago, Kuz said:

I replaced the stock pinnacle bridge on my custom core with a Faber Tone-lock bridge.  BUT here is the key... you need to use the pinnacle thumb wheels and pinnacle top locking set screws.  THE diameter of the posts into the wood that pinnacle uses is proprietary and too large for the locking screws that come with the Faber tone-lock bridge.  The bridge fits on the Custom Core just fine, so just use the pinnacle posts, thumb wheels, and top locking set screws and it will work great.

SO it doesn't matter which one you buy, because the only difference from Faber is the diameter of the top locking screws (the tone-lock bridges themselves are all the same).

I bought this one https://faberusa.com/product-category/faber-bridges/faber-tone-lock-bridge/gibson-heritage/gibson-with-abr-1/ 

Thanks so much! Exactly what I was looking for.

Is the Pinnacle bridge so bad it needs to be replaced?  Or is this a law of diminishing returns where it's just a minor improvement for subtle change in tone/sustain?

I noticed my son has the Pinnacle bridge on his H150, which is a bit older than mine, but came out of the factory a year ago.  I really don't see much of a difference.  My assumption is its a Pinnacle as it has an odd looking post.

40 minutes ago, DetroitBlues said:

Is the Pinnacle bridge so bad it needs to be replaced?  Or is this a law of diminishing returns where it's just a minor improvement for subtle change in tone/sustain?

I noticed my son has the Pinnacle bridge on his H150, which is a bit older than mine, but came out of the factory a year ago.  I really don't see much of a difference.  My assumption is its a Pinnacle as it has an odd looking post.

The Pinnacle bridge not necessarily a bad bridge.  It's actually an improvement over the Nashville bridge in that it is slightly smaller and, most importantly, the bridge posts are set directly into the wood instead of the metal bushings.

BUT, the Pinnacle still looks like a Nashville bridge and the strings still hit the back of the bridge unless you jack up the stoptail way off the body.  So the Faber replacement is both a cosmetic and functional reason for me.

As far as the locking posts, this is the same as Faber uses and it is the best locking system available by far.  No tiny allen locking screws to loose or the set screws screwed  down tight and damaging the threads of the bridge posts. 

4 hours ago, Kuz said:

The Pinnacle bridge not necessarily a bad bridge.  It's actually an improvement over the Nashville bridge in that it is slightly smaller and, most importantly, the bridge posts are set directly into the wood instead of the metal bushings.

BUT, the Pinnacle still looks like a Nashville bridge and the strings still hit the back of the bridge unless you jack up the stoptail way off the body.  So the Faber replacement is both a cosmetic and functional reason for me.

As far as the locking posts, this is the same as Faber uses and it is the best locking system available by far.  No tiny allen locking screws to loose or the set screws screwed  down tight and damaging the threads of the bridge posts. 

Exactly this!!!   Can you slam the tailpiece and have the strings clear the back of the bridge so ALL the string pressure is downward and not "rocking" two point contact? The Nashville does have a greater amount of travel if nut to saddle distance was off some.

40 minutes ago, blackholegravity said:

IMG_1245.thumb.jpeg.2261b78183ff5b5e0a43062f940460e6.jpegFYI for anyone that has a CC H150 with the locking bridge. If you want to swap the bridge for a ABR-1 style, the Faber ABRN will work on the non-standard posts and thumb wheels. I put one on mine, along with a lightning tailpiece, for top wrapping without having to top wrap.

Great looking top (and color), on that one! That squiggly flame is my favorite type of flame! 

Here's my R0 which has that same type of flame...

Squiggly.jpg.828c5c28189d3b87ec0651f4fa7254c2.jpg

Archived