Heritage Owners Club

Incoming used 1988 H-170

Pulled the trigger on a 1988 H-170. Unfortunately the size of the photo exceeds the HOC limits so I can’t post it here. It’s OSB (seller listed it as Tobacco Burst but I don’t believe Heritage described it with that finish back then). All original, Schaller pickups are uncovered.  

1 hour ago, Dick Seacup said:

I had an H170, once upon a time. Had a ToneSucker(tm) and everything. Never should have moved it on. Enjoy your new guitar!

Thanks man. What’s a tone sucker?

2 hours ago, Dick Seacup said:

I had an H170, once upon a time. Had a ToneSucker(tm) and everything. Never should have moved it on. Enjoy your new guitar!

Yes, you should have moved it on...to me.  I'll never forget that one!  That guitar had my number!

1 hour ago, ElNumero said:

Thanks man. What’s a tone sucker?

51 minutes ago, davesultra said:

I’ll guess it’s a Schaller roller bridge?

Bigsby. Commonly reviled as "sucking the tone out of the guitar." Hence the moniker. I have no such qualms about Bigsbys and find them to be good at that thing they do, even if it is, ah, subtle. 

58 minutes ago, yoslate said:

Yes, you should have moved it on...to me.  I'll never forget that one!  That guitar had my number!

If only. At least then I'd know who to beg to get it back. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dick Seacup said:

Bigsby. Commonly reviled as "sucking the tone out of the guitar." Hence the moniker. I have no such qualms about Bigsbys and find them to be good at that thing they do, even if it is, ah, subtle. 

Cool! You got yourself a Hillbilly Can opener!

20 hours ago, Jaguarguy said:

Congrats on the new guitar.  Here's my H170 (I believe it's a 1990

H170 Custom-2.jpeg

That’s beautiful!   Mine is ASB. Wish i could post. I will try when it arrives this week!!

23 hours ago, Gitfiddler said:

@ElNumero...Congratulations, Will.  I've always dug that model.  With its two sharp cutaways it looks like its angry and ready to fight...or rock the house until it falls.

Thanks Git!  I am excited!!  It will be the oldest Heritage in my large collection.  36 years old!! I will post pics soon as it arrives!!! 😋

• Like 1