Heritage Owners Club

Dallas International Guitar Show Surprise

Yesterday I attended the Dallas international guitar show.  This was my first guitar show, so I wasn’t exactly sure what to expect other than guitars everywhere. 

I got to meet some great manufacturers and try out a few boutique brands that I had never heard of before who are doing great things, such as Warrior guitars. 

I also had the pleasure of meeting Mike Ortiz and Peter Farmer while visiting the heritage booth.  Great guys. 

I first was chatting with Mike for a bit and I expressed my zeal for the brand. After a bit, I share with him a picture of my favorite heritage, my H-155. 

He excitedly yelled for Pete to come over and check it out. When Pete came by I showed it and immediately he smiled and said he remembered building that guitar.   Pete told me that he doesn’t know if I realized (I didn’t), but my guitar was built comepletely end to end by himself. 

Pete spoke about the detail of how my washed blue is different than the washed blue that they now use (which I’ve noticed) and described why it was different (on my guitar he hand sanded the paint to achieve the look). He said that the workers thought it was too difficult and time consuming to go that route for the production. 

Pete remembered the details such as putting the binding in the single f-hole.

I could feel his pride and satisfaction as he spoke out my guitar.  What an awesome experience for me! 

I walked away knowing that my cherished axe was forged by a master, which I already knew by how it played, but now I know that master’s name is Pete Farmer.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Wow! Beautiful!

I think they called the H-155's with that florentine cutaway the "Pro" model?

Very cool you got to meet it's maker, too. Pete is the man!

• Like 3

Beautiful guitar.

Calling it the "Pro" model is weird.  I had a few Millennium Eagle 2000s and Ultras.  Those aren't professional grade?

When will have the Golden Eagle Pro?

• Like 1

Your guitar is beautiful.  I had the pleasure of talking to Pete after a tour of the factory years ago.  He is a true gentleman and an asset for Heritage guitars.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MartyGrass said:

Beautiful guitar.

Calling it the "Pro" model is weird.  I had a few Millennium Eagle 2000s and Ultras.  Those aren't professional grade?

When will have the Golden Eagle Pro?

Well, only a "pro" knows how to utilize the florentine cutaway to access the notes above the 14th fret sir. I'm still working on frets 1 through seven. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hinesarchtop said:

2017?

Yes sir. 2017. 

22 hours ago, bolero said:

Wow! Beautiful!

I think they called the H-155's with that florentine cutaway the "Pro" model?

Very cool you got to meet its maker, too. Pete is the man!

It was pretty special for me. Pete is so freaking down to earth and knowledgeable.   I’m not sure how it was advertised, but the label doesn’t say pro.

I do know that the wood, paint, and pups ( lollar low wind imperial) were hand picked by Eddies guitar.

Pete said he personally did all the 155s with the florentine cutaway and the bound single f-holes.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, hinesarchtop said:

Well, only a "pro" knows how to utilize the florentine cutaway to access the notes above the 14th fret sir. I'm still working on frets 1 through seven. 

Ha!

I just remember the Heritage literature, I guess they had to distinguish it somehow.  There was a nice golden amber one I saw in person somewhere. Casa Steiner? I always liked that Florentine cutaway.

No slight on the Venetian cutaway, which is on my Millenium Eagle & I also admire.

Edited by bolero
golden slumbers

I owned one of the first single cut Pro's in Orange Translucent. 

Here is my DC Pro. 

DC Pro.jpg

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, GuitarsGuitarsGuitars said:

WHAT???????? Did the Factory install those Mushrooms?? 

I supplied the finger board on that and a few others.

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

Edited by skydog52
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1