Heritage Owners Club

Just pulled the trigger on a H-535

Dutchman

Welcome and congrats on what looks to be a very nice 535.  That thing is pretty ;D  You must give us more pics and a tone report when you get her.

Congrats - I saw that early this morning during my 'what's new today' searches and thought 'hey, now there's a good buy for dutchman that's looking for a 535'.  Think you did really well price-wise and bet you'll be really pleased.  I love my 535, one of my favorite and most played guitars.

I thought it was Antique Sunburst, either would be great though, I am so Stoked!!!!

Yes, ASB is Antique Sunburst. ALSB is Almond Sunburst. My mistake. Can only see the "SB" in the pics. Regardless, that is a cool guitar. And I"m sure you'll love it. Looks like you've got Duncans of some sort in that git, as well. Pickups only have 1 screw per side. Probably Duncan '59s, which seemed to the offering of choice for a while. Let us know.

Yes, ASB is Antique Sunburst. ALSB is Almond Sunburst. My mistake. Can only see the "SB" in the pics. Regardless, that is a cool guitar. And I"m sure you'll love it. Looks like you've got Duncans of some sort in that git, as well. Pickups only have 1 screw per side. Probably Duncan '59s, which seemed to the offering of choice for a while. Let us know.

My old 555 was almond sunburst but mislabeled as Antique sunburst ASB. This one looks like an Almond Sunburst, either way it is very cool- Enjoy.

Well it arrived and I believe it is Almond Burst. Neck pup is a Duncan Pearly Gates and the Bridge pup is a Duncan 59N. I took all the pots out and they are CTS, 22nf film/foil caps. Took out the output jack and got that to tighten up. Everything appears to have been done by a skilled craftsman. Somebody had done some work to the electrical part before. I don't believe these are stock parts. Maybe one of you guys can shed some light. It's a 2004 with a U letter in the serial number.  The add did say unique parts :)

I'll try to get some pics up.

I plugged it into a Reinhardt Storm 33 and it had a nice fat tone at a low volume. I'll crank it up later when my wife wakes up. (RN working nights, you learn to be careful, or else!!!)

Looks like a great guitar, for a great price.. Enjoy..

You should really enjoy that tone machine Dutch.  I paid about that for my gold 535. 

I plugged it into a Reinhardt Storm 33 and it had a nice fat tone at a low volume. I'll crank it up later when my wife wakes up. (RN working nights, you learn to be careful, or else!!!)

Dutchman, I hear ya.  I'm married to an RN, she works 2nd shift so I get a chance to crank it in the evenings, but I better be quiet in the AMs when shes trying to sleep.  Hey, I know where my bread is buttered..

I just noticed the label inside the body says "Heritage Guitars Custom Shop" Do all the Heritage guitar labels say that?

Someone will (of course) correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that a guitar that has been custom ordered with some options on it gets the custom shop label. If its just a production run without any customer specific options, supposedly it gets the standard label..

Anyone care to correct this?

All my new ones have the "Custom Shop" label; and I just bought them off the rack.

All my used ones have the regular label. Maybe this question needs to be posed to Ren et al.

Dutchman, nice guitar.  Enjoy.  Is that yer first Heritage?  I'm still in the longing stage for my first Heritage--and I think I'm going 535, too.  I do have, however, a wife that's an RN.  Those are extremely nice models to have and to hold.

All my new ones have the "Custom Shop" label; and I just bought them off the rack.

All my used ones have the regular label. Maybe this question needs to be posed to Ren et al.

I did ask Ren that when I got my H157 with a Custom Shop label. I asked if all the guitars had the CS label. His reply: "certainly not". Just that and nothing more.  :P

I did ask Ren that when I got my H157 with a Custom Shop label. I asked if all the guitars had the CS label. His reply: "certainly not". Just that and nothing more.

On second thought, maybe mine ARE custom. My H150 w/P90s is the only one I've seen in Chestnut Burst, and my H150 LW is Burnt Amber w/gold hardware; maybe that's what makes those worthy of "Custom Shop" consideration?

On second thought, maybe mine ARE custom. My H150 w/P90s is the only one I've seen in Chestnut Burst, and my H150 LW is Burnt Amber w/gold hardware; maybe that's what makes those worthy of "Custom Shop" consideration?

Might also be "Custom Shop" as in custom ordered by a dealer ? I bought my 535 new from Wolfe guitars and it has the "Custom Shop" label.

Did you get your 150 / P90s from Jay ?

tulk did your 157 come from Wolfes ?

Archived