Heritage Owners Club

You ever want to know what winters are like in Kalamazoo

DLDTEX

I got this picture from a guy who is the Engineering Manager for a vendor that provides parts for the company I work for here in Texas.  His company happens to be Kalamazzo. He drives by the Parson St. plant everyday.  I guess those guys that hung around after brand G really love being where they are.

temp%20007.jpg

Golly Tex, that must have been after last week's thaw.

There's hardly any snow left!

I grew up in Kalamazoo and lived there for about 25 out of my 50 years, I know what winters are like in Kalamazoo.  They are very similar here in Madison without the additional lake effect snow.
  I went to school at UWMAdison, loved the winters there.

http://www.cynical-c.com/archives/bloggraphics/madStatue.jpg

I grew up in NE Ohio, lots of winter, lots of snow. Don't really care for it, 30 years in California, about 1/2 of it up in the mountains, some snow but nothing like Ohio.

Now I'm in Vancouver, WA and we've just had our worst winter yet, including actual snow that stayed on the ground for a week. Still like a cool spring day in Ohio though.

Winter's not for me.

I don't know if I could deal with that winter.  I hate the comparatively mellow winters we get here in Washington DC.  I lived in L.A. for a year and loved the weather--hated everything else about it, though.

That's funny!  I was born in DC and left by the time I was 4...and STILL remember frost bite!

Oh, I moved to LA and loved it since a child, but after moving to beautiful Northern California, I ain't movin' anywhere else.

Snow is beautiful to look at from inside a nice, cozy, warm home...or from the HOC! 8)

Here in the St. Lawrence valley we don't get lake effect, but we get brutal cold --single digits at night earlier in the week, 15 tonight, as we approach mid March, usually at least one week per winter when the temps don't get above the single digits the entire week, night or day, and a night or two that hits double digits below.  But the hardest thing for a transplanted North Carolinian is the length of winter.  It is not rare here to have spells of winter weather well into April, and even the errant snow flurry in early May.  Then mud season, when the subsoil is still frozen and the ground above it turns to muck.  All the extra work of winter, with maintaining cars, shoveling snow, hauling wood, the worries about an old house and frozen pipes --it just gets to be a major drag when it goes on and on and on.

Sorry for the whine ...I think I'm vitamin D deprived.   

Really? Me too! I was born/raised in Trumbull County.

I'm in Florida now; I don't miss the snow & cold one bit!

Columbiana county for me, so you're even a little more NE, closer to that nice, cool wintertime Lake Erie breeze with all that fresh Canadian air.

When I lived in the mountains it was at the 3,000 ft level, so we could drive up for more snow or down for less, and where we were at seldom got more than a couple inches that lasted for a few days.

Florida's too flat for me, my brother's been there for 25 years.

That's a nice pic!  Makes ya wanna get out the x-country skis, grab the skates/stick and head to the pond, fire up the snowmobile - shoot just go for a walk and let the dogs run.  Minnesota's pretty much like Michigan -  gets a bit cold and the winters are a month too long, but it'd be weird to live in nice climate all year round.  I mean, isn't that kinda like owning just one guitar?  Might be a good one, but it's the same all the time.  Variety is the spice...  a little weather only makes ya stronger and appreciate warm days all the more.

I grew up in Kalamazoo and lived there for about 25 out of my 50 years, I know what winters are like in Kalamazoo.  They are very similar here in Madison without the additional lake effect snow.

HEY!! I'm in Madison too!!!!

Sorry for the whine ...I think I'm vitamin D deprived.   

I don't think you're the only one  :)

I've noticed in several forums people are getting impatient and starting to

fight with each other.  We're all getting restless for a bit of spring.  Those

of us up in the north, that is.

Around my house the mud, of which there shouldn't be any this time of

year, was at least frozen for the day.

That's a nice pic!  Makes ya wanna get out the x-country skis, grab the skates/stick and head to the pond, fire up the snowmobile - shoot just go for a walk and let the dogs run.  Minnesota's pretty much like Michigan -  gets a bit cold and the winters are a month too long, but it'd be weird to live in nice climate all year round.  I mean, isn't that kinda like owning just one guitar?  Might be a good one, but it's the same all the time.  Variety is the spice...  a little weather only makes ya stronger and appreciate warm days all the more.

That's how I like to see snow: on my computer monitor. I grew up in the stuff, and I don't remember much that I liked about it. Down here in Texas, we get hurricanes, instead.

We have had a harsh winter here in north Alabama this year.  We had snow a few weeks ago and it hung around for about 3 hours. 

Archived