Heritage Owners Club

Heritages are a bargain

smurph1

Ya know, It's amazing how much of a bargain Heritages are..My H-140 cost $1100 and I was just on MF looking at the G word Les Pauls..Nothing that is worth a crap under $2K..Plus the new ones don't have the vintage vibe that my 140 has..Who cares that it doesn't have G###n on the headstock!!Long live Heritage!! Any word on how the "NEW" ownership is working out? I'm still a bit nervous that the new owner is a Lawyer not a Luthier..Maybe He will be smart and let the guitar guys do their thing..I work in Radio and our cluster was swallowed up by Clear Channel, bean counters, not radio people..You can probably imagine how that worked out..LOL

The new owner may be trained as a barrister, but having met him, I say he's a really big fan of The Heritage first, a business owner second, a guitarist, maybe, third and, as it relates to the subject at hand, attorney comes in somewhere pretty far down the list.

Vince is a nice guy and a good sport.  He is back row 1st from the left.  Ahem.. that's me next to him.  >:D

width=600 height=399http://www.ronwarren.com/225parsons/img_8787_std.jpg[/img]

I'm not so sure about the "bargain" aspect, unless you buy used. Their prices have risen somewhat in the last few years.

Still, I'd rather buy a new Heritage than a new G!*&^n any day!

I had the pleasure of a chat with the good Mr. Margol at PSPI.  We talked about a number of things, not just Heritage and guitars.  I think he's a good cat (note: Bird hasn't been "rendered" to Saudi Arabia for questioning) and the man for the position he has assumed at Heritage.  I think the company is in good hands all round!

Heritage prices may have risen in the last couple of years, but they're still nowhere near the silly prices charged by the Gibbon Custom Shop, which is the most accurate comparison.  Heritages are still a great value, IMHO.

I believe that real value has a way of sticking around much longer than hype and hot air...

I'm not so sure about the "bargain" aspect, unless you buy used. Their prices have risen somewhat in the last few years.

Still, I'd rather buy a new Heritage than a new G!*&^n any day!

TS,

I know you meant this post in good nature, but I have to disagree. They had no price increase in 2008 and no price increase in 2009!!! :o

I dare anyone to look up PRS (15% price increase 2009), Fender (huge increase), and Gibby (I don't know for sure but the 2-3K crap that isn't custom shop is way up).

Heritage maybe the only mid size company that hasn't had a price increase in 2 years (and in this economy to boot)!!!

And finally Heritage is a great bargin if they are new if you want a handmade guitar (maybe they take a ding on resale, but try custom ordering a handmade guitar anywhere else for under $2.2-3K)!!!!!

Someday Heritage guitars will be know for how great they are, not just how great a bargin they are compared to Gibby... and that day will make my day!!!!

Someday Heritage guitars will be know for how great they are, not just how great a bargin they are compared to Gibby... and that day will make my day!!!!

+1.

The only bargain for me is that I cant put the thing down. Price is not part of the equation.

My new PRS that I got at an absolute "bargain" (so cheap it was silly) doesn't get played so much anymore.

Which is the real bargain? The one I cant stop playing? the one that delivers addictive tone through which ever amp I plug into to, or.... the guitar that  I got it really cheap but it stays in its case?

TS,

I know you meant this post in good nature, but I have to disagree. They had no price increase in 2008 and no price increase in 2009!!!

I didn't know that; I stand corrected.  Maybe it was 2006/2007 I was thinking about.

On a side note, Graham told me Hamer prices went up about $800 for 2009!

+1.

The only bargain for me is that I cant put the thing down. Price is not part of the equation.

My new PRS that I got at an absolute "bargain" (so cheap it was silly) doesn't get played so much anymore.

Which is the real bargain? The one I cant stop playing? the one that delivers addictive tone through which ever amp I plug into to, or.... the guitar that  I got it really cheap but it stays in its case?

I know there are many others that feel the same as we do Tully. I have a DGT (great guitar) and An Modern Eagle. Both great guitars. But I just can't get the tone I want out of them. The DGT is close and I gig it a lot. But when I want the tone, the Heritages come out.

I am not a rich man, but I would have paid more for my Heritages to get that "it" tone factor. The are handmade with great wood. My PRS guitars start at $2900. People don't know what a STEAL $2100 is for a Heritage. Screw the used Heritage bargins. If you want cheap get an Epiphone. Buy a new Heritage and support the guys. Sure there are some great used deals with Heritages, but that cheap/bargin shouldn't be the reason you are buying them.

That day is every day on this forum.   :wink:

I didn't know that; I stand corrected.  Maybe it was 2006/2007 I was think about.

On a side note, Graham told me Hamer prices went up about $800 for 2009!

TS,

You and I have no issues. I understand what you were saying. They did have a price increase in 2007, but none since.

This "Heritage are good for the money" thing just sets me off. ANd I know that isn't what you were saying. IMHO, Heritage are great at ANY price.

Take care,

John

There is also a difference between what Heritage charges a dealer and what the dealer charges us.  If a dealer ups his prices then it appears that Heritage has gone up on their prices. 

Thanks for all the great info..My mind is at ease..The thought that Heritage might become corporate, with profit as the main motive, really was bothering me..I know they need to make a profit, but I was worried that the quality would go in the dumper..It;s good to know that the guys that make Heritage great will still be there, and hopefully as they age they are passing their knowledge and skills on to the next generation..It really is great news..especially when you consider all the bad news we are hearing these days..Thanks..I hope, the Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise to see you all at PSP2..

Thanks for all the great info..My mind is at ease..The thought that Heritage might become corporate, with profit as the main motive, really was bothering me..I know they need to make a profit, but I was worried that the quality would go in the dumper..It;s good to know that the guys that make Heritage great will still be there, and hopefully as they age they are passing their knowledge and skills on to the next generation..It really is great news..especially when you consider all the bad news we are hearing these days..Thanks..I hope, the Good Lord willing and the creeks don't rise to see you all at PSP2..

I hope to meet you too Smurph at PSP2!!!

Archived