Heritage Owners Club

Inlays... what to do...

barrymclark

There are two Heritage guitars that I hope to get.

H157 and an H137DC.

The H157 I plan to just have the standard block inlays.

The H137 I am not so sure what to do with. I am not a huge fan of dot inlays. I could live with them if need be, but I want to get some ideas.

One of my ideas was no inlays at all. That'd be fine with me. I think block inlays might look a bit dressy for that guitar... what about traps?

Thoughts?

My vote goes for the 'less is more' for a 137.

However, if you really want to dress it up and get the girls to notice you, contact this guy...

Bryan England's Custom Inlay.  They also do Heritage truss rod covers in pearl, abalone, ingraved, etc. 

www.custominlay.com

Here's a sample of his work:

width=600 height=204http://www.custominlay.com/images/gallery/jacksonDragon.jpg[/img]

My vote goes for the 'less is more' for a 137.

However, if you really want to dress it up and get the girls to notice you, contact this guy...

Bryan England's Custom Inlay.  They also do Heritage truss rod covers in pearl, abalone, ingraved, etc. 

www.custominlay.com

Here's a sample of his work:

width=600 height=204http://www.custominlay.com/images/gallery/jacksonDragon.jpg[/img]

Can't see the guitar for all the inlay work. Where is it??

:laughing4:

Seriously though, now that I have slept on it. I think I am gonna get the neck bound on the 137DC and go with the trapezoidal inlays.

Will you bind the headstock, too? I think it looks somewhat 'unfinished' when the neck is bound but the headstock is not. Also...MOP logo inlay?

I get it . I saw a sweet deal on a Black 150 the other day and I passed because of dot inlays ( and the threat of divorce ..)

But, my favorite two guitars both have dot inlays. It doesn't bother me a bit on those axes because they play so well.

I think that stuff is all in your head. If you get the right deal, grab it. No matter what the inlay.

Oh, I hear you... but if I am gonna have it made... then... might as well get what I want. Not bagging on people that do like the dot inlays. Just not my taste. ;)

Yep, gonna have the headstock bound and logo in MOP as well. :D

In a perfect world. haha. Never know what will happen between here and there. Money might not be as good as hoped and that would kill off the custom build. haha.

I understand about the divorce thing. I went through that a few years ago. Man... I got kinda wore out on that one. Luckily, I have since remarried and all is right with the world.

Archived