Heritage Owners Club

It's HERE!

barrymclark

The Frampton 3 pup wiring, IMHO, is excellent.  3 VOL, 1 Master Tone.  The 3 way switch works as usual : neck, neck/bridge, bridge

The middle P/U has its own pot and is NOT part of the 3 way - so you can 'blend' in to whatever degree you like.  Or, you can use it by itself.  Incredible really.  The downside is only (1) master tone control.

I have the Gibby Custom Shop LP Special 'inspired by' Frampton, 3 P90s, and its THE BEST tone guitar I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy.  Yes, the Gibby Custom Shop part is good, but the electronics and wiring are 'SICK'!!!!!!!!!  8)

The Frampton 3 pup wiring, IMHO, is excellent.  3 VOL, 1 Master Tone.  The 3 way switch works as usual : neck, neck/bridge, bridge

The middle P/U has its own pot and is NOT part of the 3 way - so you can 'blend' in to whatever degree you like.  Or, you can use it by itself.  Incredible really.  The downside is only (1) master tone control.

I have the Gibby Custom Shop LP Special 'inspired by' Frampton, 3 P90s, and its THE BEST tone guitar I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy.  Yes, the Gibby Custom Shop part is good, but the electronics and wiring are 'SICK'!!!!!!!!!   8)

That is the same wiring configuration I have in my H157 triple.  And yes, it does sound great, even with a single Master Tone.  Barry, I always take a long look at your 140 triple.  What a special guitar!

Barry - that looks so good with the covers.  I should have done the same darn thing, switched to the 'Frampton' wiring, and kept it myself!  Except - I like GREEN!

I'm glad you're happy with it - and the email stuff I told you about is coming - really.

Now - the Clown Burst!  :occasion16:

That is the same wiring configuration I have in my H157 triple.  And yes, it does sound great, even with a single Master Tone.  Barry, I always take a long look at your 140 triple.  What a special guitar!
Thanks! I am so proud of it, I could pop! The sound out of it is just amazing!

Very nice. You're able to get a really broad range of tones from that setup. Do you have any issues with the center pickup interfering with your pick? I had that issue with a Strat I used to own and it really put me off three pickup guitars. I dig kind of deep sometimes and the pick bouncing off the top of the pickup drove me nuts.

Very nice. You're able to get a really broad range of tones from that setup. Do you have any issues with the center pickup interfering with your pick? I had that issue with a Strat I used to own and it really put me off three pickup guitars. I dig kind of deep sometimes and the pick bouncing off the top of the pickup drove me nuts.
I have a very light touch and tend not to dig hard into the strings. Fingerstyle... it threw me off cause my fingertips kept hitting the pickup... but a minor adjustment fixed that.

Archived