Heritage Owners Club

Heritage 575 P-90 Soundclips

ingeneri

Still, :this_thread_is_useless_withou , but you can hear some tracks with the Heritage 575 I put Lollar P-90s in at http://jazzguitarlife.ning.com/profile/MattIngeneri

The first two tracks, Little Chippie and Watermelon Man, are with the great Blue Note records house bassist Butch Warrent.  If you turn the volume up on the first 45 seconds on Little Chipie you can hear Butch playing the head.  He was also the bassist on the original recording Herbie Hancock did of Watermelon Man.  I'm using a Jazzkat amp with the 575 on these.

The third track is the famous Jimmy Smith Blues, Back at the Chicken Shack, with Chess Records session player Jimmy Burrell.  I'm using a Fender 65 Deluxe Reverb Reissue for an amp.

Thanks for this post, Ingenri.  Love the punchy attack --mostly your work, but complimented nicely by P-90s.  Sounds like the noise "floor" is delightfully high at the gig, but I wonder if you've found noise to be more of a problem with the P-90s than with buckers?

Thanks for the kind comments guys.  I'm not a regular in Butch's band, but I really treasure any chance I get to sit in.  Jimmy is a bit of a mentor of mine, and I always enjoy getting a chance to play with him again too.  I also like paying back karma a bit and hiring as my sub for the brunch when I can.

Butch's gig is always packed, as is fitting given his stature.  The great thing is the overwhelming majority of the audience is under 30, very rare for jazz.  The P-90s do buzz quite a bit.  It's not really an issue when playing with a full band, but it can be tough when counting off in a quiet room.  Hence, I use the Super Eagle for the brunch gigs, which are more sedate and only a guitar/bass duo.

Hopefully I can get my wife to come to one of these gigs and take some cool shots of the 575.

Archived