Heritage Owners Club

The B*tch is back!

Woohoo!  Brought my Ampeg V4 back from the tech yesterday after a cap job and some NOS tubes.  I plugged my 150 in, she was dead quiet......turned her up to 4, struck a barred E chord.....and BOOM..... knocked the clock right off the wall.   

SCHWEEEET!  I fell in love all over again.  The tone at volume that she puts out is PURE heaven.

Ahhh, the old knock the clock off the wall tone test.

"How good is the tone in that amp?"......  "Its all right but didnt knock the clock off the wall"

Seems youve found that elusive amp that does. Awesome :)

smile - now that brings back memories.  I used on in the late 70s.  Haven't had such a full clean tone since.  But yeh - the tone comes at the weight price.  Man, those things are HEAVY!  The heads alone is pretty much as heavy as the 4x12 bottom.

57 lbs of girthy, house shaking tone......and that's just on 4.  :laughing7:   She would probably kill small animals on 10 if they got too close.  I should mention that the 150 that I got from Brent has become my #1 after a couple upgrades, namely tonepros and Seths.  Way better than any LP I've ever played.  It's a total resonating machine.   ;D

My wife just told me that every time I get done playing she has to straighten the pictures in the living room.  Life is good!

Woohoo!  Brought my Ampeg V4 back from the tech yesterday after a cap job and some NOS tubes.  I plugged my 150 in, she was dead quiet......turned her up to 4, struck a barred E chord.....and BOOM..... knocked the clock right off the wall.   

SCHWEEEET!  I fell in love all over again.  The tone at volume that she puts out is PURE heaven.

Is that what that noise was I heard last night? Felt it, too. All the way up in Peculiar!

We used to judge our volume and overall feel by whether we knocked the hockey puck off the wall at rehearsal. Puck stayed on - bad rehearsal.  :angel:

I can hear the UPS guy's hernia pop from here!!!!!

I am a big advocate that... "if you want the tone, your back has to groan!".... in either guitars or amps!

Archived