Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Article

tulk1

Nice!!  Thanks for posting that, tulk.  There was some discussion on a thread here, earlier last week, about "vibe" in an instrument, and where that most intangible of commodities might come from...or not.  To read that article tells me much about where the "vibe" in our Heritages comes from.  That is indeed a deep and rich history on Parson's Street.  Having read the article, I've decided to make the pilgrimage this coming summer.  Any advice or observations any of you who've made the "haj" might have, for someone who hasn't been, might be most helpful!    ;D   

Best Heritage article I've read to date! 

Thanks for the link, Tulk.  That earned you another Karma point!!  :)

I can feel the luuuuvv from here!!  ;D

What really surprised me was that the old guys don't play! I know you don't have to play to know how to build. Just ... struck me as a "huh, wow" factor. The pics were kinda cool, too.

What really surprised me was that the old guys don't play! I know you don't have to play to know how to build. Just ... struck me as a "huh, wow" factor. The pics were kinda cool, too.

Thank you again Sir for bringing that piece to our attention! A great article, and worth the "world-wide wait" for those of us with slow dialup web access :-[. There have been many guitar makers, even inventors, who were not really players, most notably Leo Fender (of ....), Ted McCarty (of Gibson) and Alfred Dronge (of Guild). They, and the guys at Heritage too, all had this in common: they sought the views and opinions of experienced players. Mr Margol seems like he has a genuine interest in the company so here's hoping things turn out well. Cheers.

Great article!

I just wish that they could visit this site from time to time so we can get feedback from each other. Other manufacturers do this (Ernie Ball/Music Man, etc); so why can't Heritage? Do they even know we exist?

Point well taken, Thundersteel, but I'll play devil's advocate here.  I can't imagine the boys in Kalamazoo are not aware of this site and the dialogue that goes on here.  Were I in their shoes, I'd check in and read carefully, as regularly as I could, and still knock out the occasional guitar.  And I'd make dead sure I did it on the downlow!  The last thing I'd want at that shop would be the intrusion of "313 members, 4863 posts, in 449 topics," no matter how well intentioned and well informed (and the posts here are!), all competing for my ear through what would be, in effect, an open line.  By being an unannounced presence, they can put a glass to the wall, garner what input they deem relevant and useful, and act on it or not, all the while not compromising whatever objectivity might be inherent in the site as is.  I'd think that "to know we even exist," all they have to do is see how they're doing with backorders.

Great article!

I just wish that they could visit this site from time to time so we can get feedback from each other. Other manufacturers do this (Ernie Ball/Music Man, etc); so why can't Heritage? Do they even know we exist?

Could be that since "they don't have a computer in the shop" that they can't access the InterWebs from work.  ;)

Could be that since "they don't have a computer in the shop" that they can't access the InterWebs from work.

I believe the new owner/partner brought one in. But I doubt he'll use it to surf the web.

I just thought it would be a great idea if they had a customer service representative to check in occasionally. Maybe the quality of their products would improve even more!

I'm thinking that's Jay....

Too bad he doesn't have the time to be here more often. I'm thinking someone at Heritage could at least check in once a week or so

Really like the last two paragraphs. Those words reflect a commitment to a work ethic that is, rarely, if ever, seen anymore. They are truly the last of a very unique breed of folks.

And it shows; dedication means quality, and quality NEVER fails! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Though the proof will be in the pudding, I must say I'm heartened by what I've read in the article. I really do think Heritage now has a good chance of improving its products and customer service through carefully monitored incremental changes: a little higher tech here, another supervisor there -- nothing draconian like runaway shops and other profiteering strategies.

As long as they don't junk that dear, ancient Ferris wheel used for joining carved plates, I think we're still in good hands.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived