Heritage Owners Club

A trip to Elderly

smurph1

I was in Lansing (Michigan) over the weekend, so it's a law that I had to go to Elderly..Most of their stuff is high priced, but I saw a beautiful 535 natural..I strummed it acousically, It vibrated for DAYS..Being as broke as I am, I didn't plug it in cause I knew if I did I would be out trying to sell a kidney to get the darn thing..Here's the kicker, it was only (ONLY?) $1300.. So, if you are looking for a deal on a 535, I would suggest contacting Elderly..You can thank me later..

I visited there several times years ago when used to I lived in Michigan (Oscoda). I bought my '89 LP Custom there; I still have it.

It's a nice place to visit.

I've been there many times. If you look around, there are deals to be found. Looks like you unearthed one smurph1. Nice work!

Think they are once again a Heritage dealer - saw the 535 on their site last week along with a cherry red 550 that looked pretty cool. Both used and at decent prices.

I stop by Elderly every time I'm in the Lansing area. Great store in the old post office building. Bought my first 2 electric guitars from them when they were in East Lansing in a tiny basement store (73/74). Werbin was one of those guys to realize that quality was slipping and the older guitars were better. Also a early adopter on instrument sales on the internet.

Would you buy a guitar from these guys?... staff circa early 70s...

elderlystaff1975.jpg

I get in there every once in a while too. I bought a Les Paul there in '92, and my H-550 there in '99. It's a little like a crack house - highly addictive!

I was in Lansing (Michigan) over the weekend, so it's a law that I had to go to Elderly..Most of their stuff is high priced, but I saw a beautiful 535 natural..I strummed it acousically, It vibrated for DAYS..Being as broke as I am, I didn't plug it in cause I knew if I did I would be out trying to sell a kidney to get the darn thing..Here's the kicker, it was only (ONLY?) $1300.. So, if you are looking for a deal on a 535, I would suggest contacting Elderly..You can thank me later..

Hi smurph1 ...did you happen to see the cherry red 550 there? I think it is $1600...how did it look...I am thinking (gassing) on that one ;)

I ordered my first Heritage from Elderly Red H-555 and they sold that

same guitar for me on consignment last year. Good experience with them

on both transactions. I just wish I had not sold it ;) . It is a great place

to visit. All kinds of eye and ear candy to be enjoyed there.

I had an ulterior motive for going there..A few months back they had a nice G#bson acoustic (Mid 60's) with a trapeze tailpiece..Just wanted to see if it was still there..It wasn't..HAHA

Archived