Heritage Owners Club

'99 Prospect

tulk1

Pulled the trigger on this one last Sunday. Guy shipped it right away. And it was waiting inside the house when I got home from PSPII yesterday. :D '99 Heritage Prospect. Schaller pups, chrome/nickel hardware. Has an extremely dark rosewood fb, with a few scratches here and there - but nothing that you can photo. It does have a burn on the lower rim from a guitar stand. But, came shipped with Schaller strap-lock buttons and I just happen to have an extra strap with locks on it. :P BTW, the wifey is the one that said to put in a bid. :D

Oh yeah, no sticker inside. :DWeb Gallery right here.

1-HeritageProspect.jpgback-noflash.jpg

no-sticker.jpg

Hey guys, been at rehearsal. Long day. Thanks for the kind comments on the guitar. It is stunning, to put it mildy.

What sort of sonic niche does the prospect fill?
Hmmm, not sure. It sorta fills the niche for a smaller semi, I guess. This one is very much like the 535, but near as big, body-wise. It's extremely comfortable to hold. Really vibrates with the neck pup swinging. Interesting, well to me, the case is a 535 case.

Man, what a gorgeous finish!! Yumm - and how cool that it's waiting for you on your return from PSP?! Too cool.
Yeppers!! It is. And it's a darn close match to the 535. I'll have to do side by sides with them. .... someday. ;) The chill factor of seeing the box when we walked in the house was off the charts. Talk about instant gratification.

All that time talking to you at PSP2 and you have been holding on us!!!!
John, you just weren't listening. ;) Probably too busy cutting the air with that amazing Greenie. Now THAT's a guitar. ;)

I wanted to toss this one back in the fray. I've had a couple of days to get used to this guitar, now. The neck borders on the slim 80s to the thicker Y2K necks that we see now. It's not a super slim, but not that nice meaty neck we're seeing lately. For my hands, it could be fatter, but seems to fit the guitar quite well. It def has that classic Marv Lamb contoured neck carve, tho'. Very comfortable.

Balance seems to be pretty good. With the proper strap the guitar sits right up on the body, snuggles and spoons in pretty good. Just like you were visiting an old friend. <hehe> BTW, the previous owner left the schaller strap lock buttons on. I had a nice strap that just happened to have strap locks on it, so ... on it went. Awesome.

My thoughts when getting this guitar was to try either 'bucker-sized P90s or some Seths. Not so sure it needs them. The lowly Schallers in this thing seem to fit it quite well. Very nice response across the tonal spectrum. The guitar is not thin sounding at all. Which has been offered as a trend before with the Prospects. Still, not ruling out a possible pup swap in the future, tho'. Maybe when I get the nerve to try a pup swap on a semi.

Aside from the obvious newness factor, this guitar really seems to fit in the family. It's like a smaller 535, fits the hands and body well, has some great tones to be found in it. And dang it .... it just looks SO purty!!! :lol:

Congrats, Kenny! Beauty! If you do consider a p'up swap, that one might be a good candidate for Duncan Phat Cats. Just a thought...heh!

Those would be the ones if I went the P90ish route, for sure.

I wanted to toss this one back in the fray. I've had a couple of days to get used to this guitar, now. The neck borders on the slim 80s to the thicker Y2K necks that we see now. It's not a super slim, but not that nice meaty neck we're seeing lately. For my hands, it could be fatter, but seems to fit the guitar quite well. It def has that classic Marv Lamb contoured neck carve, tho'. Very comfortable.

Balance seems to be pretty good. With the proper strap the guitar sits right up on the body, snuggles and spoons in pretty good. Just like you were visiting an old friend. <hehe> BTW, the previous owner left the schaller strap lock buttons on. I had a nice strap that just happened to have strap locks on it, so ... on it went. Awesome.

My thoughts when getting this guitar was to try either 'bucker-sized P90s or some Seths. Not so sure it needs them. The lowly Schallers in this thing seem to fit it quite well. Very nice response across the tonal spectrum. The guitar is not thin sounding at all. Which has been offered as a trend before with the Prospects. Still, not ruling out a possible pup swap in the future, tho'. Maybe when I get the nerve to try a pup swap on a semi.

Aside from the obvious newness factor, this guitar really seems to fit in the family. It's like a smaller 535, fits the hands and body well, has some great tones to be found in it. And dang it .... it just looks SO purty!!! :lol:

My own Prospect also has a slim neck, probably the smallest of all of my Heritages and in the same ballpark as the Millie. Pickups are Seths, and they are most excellent in that guitar.

It's not as big sounding as a 535, compared to a T or S style single coil guitar though it is fat and juicy !

Archived