Heritage Owners Club

Marv Lamb's Les Paul

chico

Today's (8/14) Kalamazoo Gazette had this nice story, the local "twist" to Les Paul's passing..

My mom tipped me off to this, was gonna clip it from the paper, I told her to save the time and postage, here it is..

http://photos.mlive.com/kalamazoogazette/2...les_paul_2.html

Ray aka Chico

Where is this? :huh:

By the looks of the windows, I'd say it was taken on one of the upper floors of the Parsons St. facility.

I enjoyed this Chico, Nice find! Thanks for posting!

Love the comment on Marv's picture / article!

just so you all know, I've got dibs on the LP when Marv doesn't want it anymore! :huh:

just so you all know, I've got dibs on the LP when Marv doesn't want it anymore! :D

Now THATS a Gibson worth having, and actually worth the investment. I read an article over at Ultimate Guitar about Les, and its funny how

he describes CEO's who will tell you what customers want, but won't humble themselves to actually work behind the counter at a music store for a month

to find out what customers REALLY want. His relationship with Gibson was not always a rosey one. Les Paul is probably one of the few people who lived a long time and enjoyed most of it. I'd bet Gibson had Les Paul sign a limited number of "Tribute" guitars which will now go on sale. My guess, $100K each.

Now THATS a Gibson worth having, and actually worth the investment. I read an article over at Ultimate Guitar about Les, and its funny how

he describes CEO's who will tell you what customers want, but won't humble themselves to actually work behind the counter at a music store for a month

to find out what customers REALLY want. His relationship with Gibson was not always a rosey one. Les Paul is probably one of the few people who lived a long time and enjoyed most of it. I'd bet Gibson had Les Paul sign a limited number of "Tribute" guitars which will now go on sale. My guess, $100K each.

That's a good guess. The money will probably go straight to the Henry J retirement account.

Archived