Heritage Owners Club

WEIRD COLOR

barthou

I just bought this 1994 h-140. Have you ever seen this color before( I think itis "opaque blue" bu I'm not sure...)? Waiting for your comments. As it's a quite rare guitar in France, I don't know much about it. I'll try to send photos next time.

Welcome to HOC - I'm as new as you are in the class and from the same part of the world, I think  ;)

I havent seen that colour on ether a Heritage or a Gibby for that matter. I looks a little like the surfing green that Fender have used over the years.

Then again - publish some bigger pictures, so the forum can "inspect" and give a more serious opinion on the matter.

Thank you all for my introduction in the HOC  ;)

As I don't succeed to put some pics on the post :'( I've created a blog with the only pic I have (The dealer is setting up the neck which is not completely straight). I will bring it back next week and take some more photos.

You can see the only pic (It comes from a ad) I have on this:

http://barth-divers.blogspot.com/

I've got a real problem, the dealer call me and said me the truss rod was dead and unrepairable.... he can't repair it,so i'll try to buy this guitar a very low price, around 150 $ and repair it with a friend of mind who's a great luthier... if i could get it i'll send you pictures soon but I'm very sad of this event...

Wecome to the H.O.C.! That blue color reminds me of guitars that came out during the "surf guitar" era. Very classy!

Hopefully, it can be repaired to your satisfaction.

I discussed with a luthier today. He gave me a range of price between 150 and 600$ (!) regardind to the problem it has... Wait and see for the moment. But I'm still motivated! :)

Have you considered shipping your blue baby back to Heritage for the repairs?

I agree, Gitfiddler - If someone know how to deal with that kind of problem and have interest in giving the H140 a second chance it is Heritage, Kalamazoo.

So if I was you, barthou, I wouldn't hesitate by call them, hear their prognoses on the matter and then spend the dollars/euro for shipping the guitar cross the pond and back!

On the other hand - 600$ is not that big amount to get bluesy on it's feet again, considering the price of 150$, you said you had to pay after you found out about the neck.

There's definitely hope here!

Cross my fingers for a way to get the guitar up and running again... 

Archived