Heritage Owners Club

It's here... 575 pictures

ronalr

Just came in the door....H-575 2002....got it from HOC member Chris ch99 and It is just as he described...looks almost brand new to me....have to thank the forums here for this one....and to all who helped me with info on 575's... got a great deal ..paid for it on Wed .. Chris shipped on Thursday as promised and it arrived safe and sound today. getting ready to change the strings then will give a sound review. here are a few pictures...will have to take it outside and get better ones... also shown with sister 535 :D

DCP_4855.jpg

DCP_4856.jpg

DCP_4859.jpg

DCP_4860.jpg

... also shown with sister 535 :D

DCP_4859.jpg

I'm thinking it would be a real tough decision between which one to pick up and play this time!! Those are gorgeous specimens. Congrats on finding a beauty. And kudos to Chris for getting it to you so fast.

Thanks all .. and don't get me started pegleg32 :D ....I guess I could use a 150 to round things out :D the color initials are CNSB .. would that be chestnut sunburst?? Does any one know what pickups would have come with this one? and string gauge?

ronair:

Beauty! And yes, that finish would be a chestnut sunburst...and a nice one at that. The two screws per side on the pickup surrounds would indicate the stock Schaller p'ups. But, in the first pic of the guitar, it almost looks to me that there is a white dot on the pickup selector switch. That would indicate premium HRW pickups, which are a proprietary Heritage pickup, cooked up by Ren Wall. That would be quite a bonus on your box! Congrats on you score, and +1 to Chris for excellent service!

ronair:

Beauty! And yes, that finish would be a chestnut sunburst...and a nice one at that. The two screws per side on the pickup surrounds would indicate the stock Schaller p'ups. But, in the first pic of the guitar, it almost looks to me that there is a white dot on the pickup selector switch. That would indicate premium HRW pickups, which are a proprietary Heritage pickup, cooked up by Ren Wall. That would be quite a bonus on your box! Congrats on you score, and +1 to Chris for excellent service!

Thanks yoslate...I looked real close with my good eye :D and it must have been a glare from the camera..I don't see a white dot..do you think if I emailed the factory the serial # they would know?

very nice guitar, congratulations on finding such a great guitar. I get to play my friends 575 on a regular basis and they are fantastic.... Enjoy...

Thanks yoslate...I looked real close with my good eye :D and it must have been a glare from the camera..I don't see a white dot..do you think if I emailed the factory the serial # they would know?

ronair: Look inside the "F" hole, at the label. The type of pickup may be indicated there, on that label. If not, the next time you change strings, just pop one of the p'ups and flip it over. It will be labelled. I'm guessing Schaller. And I think many of the semi-hollow and hollow bodies come sans neck strap button. There's a brief dissertation on button placement on the Heritage website. I had to put one on my Super Eagle. Putting the drill to my brand new, custom order Super was pretty thrilling! Put mine in the heel. Remember, if you DIY, before running the strap button screw into the wood, run the screw threads over a candle, to get the candle wax into the threads. That makes the screw much easier to run in, and that will also greatly reduce the chance that running that screw in will split the wood! Have fun!

Lance, that is probably for the best. :D

And remember, Big Bob's only sells new carpet!

Damn man thats cold, I can;t believe you would say that

everybody knows BIG BOB sells USED CARPET. thrice cleaned and sanitized

I'm thinking it would be a real tough decision between which one to pick up and play...........

Exactly what I was thinking. Nice color on the 575. I would love to get a 535 in that color.

Very nice. If you have a dental-size mirror handy (I have a 10 year old who gets these every checkup) you should be able to tell whether these are HRW's by peeking at the backside through the f-holes. But I think not--the glare off of the switch tip sometimes just looks too much like the coveted white dot. Now...since you obviously don't need that ugly 535 any more, I'd be happy to take it off your hands, enabling you to both free up closet space and at least temporarily please your spouse. Until the next H arrives....

Very nice. If you have a dental-size mirror handy (I have a 10 year old who gets these every checkup) you should be able to tell whether these are HRW's by peeking at the backside through the f-holes. But I think not--the glare off of the switch tip sometimes just looks too much like the coveted white dot. Now...since you obviously don't need that ugly 535 any more, I'd be happy to take it off your hands, enabling you to both free up closet space and at least temporarily please your spouse. Until the next H arrives....

Thanks DC Ron....My wife is boxing up that old ugly 535 right now :D ...actually she doesn't know about the 575 yet!!!!! but she will be downstairs to my music room to count cases soon :D

you must need a mop to wipe up all that oozing tone!

I haven't seen a more beautiful couple!

Thanks Paul..they do make a nice couple ....I am really happy with the color of the 575..looks much better in person...and as for the 535..I almost bought a cherry red one hanging on the wall when the owner of my local music store brought out this one from the back and said try this before you decide....I really like the color of it...I think it did not remind me of the 335 as much as the red one.

Put a set of flatwound 11's on the 575 and polished the chrome and lemonized the fretboard and wow!! she looks stunning....plugged her into my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and the sound from the neck pickup with the tone knob about half way gave me that sweet Jazz sound I was looking for.....I recently played a friend's father's 175 that was bought in 1960 (trying to get him to sell it to me) and this 575 sure has that feel and tone of the old Gibsons (imagine that)...so I am felling pretty lucky that I found her on this forum....you never know what to expect when you take a chance buying blind from a stranger...but it worked out great ....hey no strangers on this forum...right :D

Just came in the door....H-575 2002....got it from HOC member Chris ch99 and It is just as he described...looks almost brand new to me....have to thank the forums here for this one....and to all who helped me with info on 575's... got a great deal ..paid for it on Wed .. Chris shipped on Thursday as promised and it arrived safe and sound today. getting ready to change the strings then will give a sound review. here are a few pictures...will have to take it outside and get better ones... also shown with sister 535 :D

DCP_4855.jpg

DCP_4856.jpg

DCP_4859.jpg

DCP_4860.jpg

That is a sweet machine..Better brush up on your jazz chords!!:D

Nice guitar, I like the sunburst finish. Welcome to the archtop club, you'll find they are addictive.

You may want to try a thicker string to get that top really vibrating right for you. I'd recommend Thomastik .13s (either round wound Bop or flat wound Swing series). I think they're more balanced and sound much better than Chromes. A bit pricey, but they last a long time. Besides, you just spent a significant chunk of change on a top notch guitar, you'll want strings that are worthy.

Archived