Heritage Owners Club

1st time 4x12 experience

brentrocks

Sounds like the Hammer of the Gods, I suspect.

It's just nice to hear the sound of a driven 4x12 , sometimes....

What did you think of it.....?

i will get a chance to really rock it tomorrow...ill let you know tomorrow :D

i will get a chance to really rock it tomorrow...ill let you know tomorrow :D

I use a Fender 4x12 bottom (DT-412) which I love. They're cheap and so I have two! The tight lows are superb. The only problem with 4x12 cabs is that they are very directional: get off to the side of one and the sound fades considerably.

Congrats on the 412! Looking into an extension cab, but not sure if I am gonna go 212 or 412 yet. One is roughtly half the weight of the other... that is important. haha.

Very important for me. Two 212's suit me. But I can live just as well with one 212.

Nice cab Brent, look forward to hearing the final analysis after cranking it.

Very important for me. Two 212's suit me. But I can live just as well with one 212.

Nice cab Brent, look forward to hearing the final analysis after cranking it.

My 212 combo is about 80lbs. That is enough. haha. I want to get another 212 cab. That is about 50lbs. The 412 is 100lbs! Geeeez.

I love playing through a 4x12. I got an 80s Yamaha S412 cabinet on CL for $100. Turns out it was Loaded with Yamaha Branded Celestion V30s. The cab itself is oversized with a good set up casters on it. Great cab. What a steal...

Plus it's from the 80s so I feel like getting all flock of seagull when I play it.

I love playing through a 4x12. I got an 80s Yamaha S412 cabinet on CL for $100. Turns out it was Loaded with Yamaha Branded Celestion V30s. The cab itself is oversized with a good set up casters on it. Great cab. What a steal...

Plus it's from the 80s so I feel like getting all flock of seagull when I play it.

Good cab. One that slid and still slides under the radar.

"I ran(so far away)" was played on the radio the other day. Hadnt heard it for a long time. Turned it up and enjoyed it.

Yeah, after this post I got on the googlebox for a bit and found this :

http://www.rockandrollmachine.net/News___I...seven_tour.html

TOUR EQPIMENT

RIK

6 Yamaha S-412 Speaker Cabinets

Oh yeah baby.. as used my none other than Canada's very own Rik Emmett of Triumph on the Thunder Seven tour. I think I owned that album too.

"She's young now, she's wild now, she wants to be free

She gets the magic power of the music in me "

what a rock anthem!

what's the deal with Canadian Power Trios anyway?

here are a couple vids.....

WOAH>> ROCK ON BRENT!!! you were smokin' on these. My laptop's speakers did the best that they could, but tell me ..did you have some nice low end thump when you were playin' these? I really liked some of the sounds you were pulling out in that first vid.

The new Stat and you seem to be bonding well, like it fits you...

And it's always nice to see the 357 in action ... in the second vid

• 2 weeks later...

Archived