Heritage Owners Club

Shaller pups

skydog52

I need your help.

I'm looking at a used Heritage to purchase. It has Shaller pups.

My first Heritage had HRWs in it and I have been in love with them

ever since. ? First love?

Anyway. Can I have some input on Shallers and is it a big job

changing them out if I can't shake that love affair?

Thanks

i think finding the HRWs will be the hardest part of the equation...besides that it just like swapping SDs or Dimarzios. i like the schallers, myself, they sound great in my H 140.

333331.jpg

Hey Brent, that's a beauty.

You might know this. Does the factory do that kind of work?

Would they supply the HRWs in that case?

Thanks

I have lowly Schaller pickups in the 535 and the Prospect, with HRW's in the Millie DC NFH. The Schallers get a bad rap, and I don't know why. Other than maybe they don't carry the mistique of saying Seth's or '57 Classics or Lollars, etc. Love 'em in both guitars, tho'. The HRW's are very Schaller-like, but with just a bit more to them. So what could you expect going from HRW's to Schallers? A bit less brilliance, a bit more PAF'ie. Not near as hot. Of course, this is all my opinion.

Can't promise anything right now, but I may have a set of HRWs for sale in a month or two.

I paid $180 for mine, and IF I sell them that will be the price.

I need your help.

I'm looking at a used Heritage to purchase. It has Shaller pups.

My first Heritage had HRWs in it and I have been in love with them

ever since. ? First love?

Anyway. Can I have some input on Shallers and is it a big job

changing them out if I can't shake that love affair?

Thanks

can be a pain in the ass on 575/535's as there is no rear access pup holes and f holes only.

I find nothing wrong with the Schallers in my H535. They have been making them for years so I assume people must like them. I also have guitars with Gibson 490R/498T pickups, Gibson 57 Classic Pickups, , Seymour Duncan P-90s, and Carvin C22B, H22n, AP11, M22DS, S60, AP11, and M22N pickups. I've found a lot of trouble is that people just want to plug and play their guitars without changing any settings, or without changing any pickup and/or pole piece heights.

I too, have Schallers in my 140..i love em, but to be fair, it's the only Heritage I have ever played..So who knows? But, my personal tendency(especially on an expensive guitar) is to leave em alone..But that's just me..Rock on..

I like the Schallers in mine, but for higher gain music styles (anything approaching modern metal styles) it seems to come up a bit short.

I am gonna do some string dropping and pickup raising to see what I can get out of them. If it isn't enough, EMG's are going in.

I did not like the schallers in my 555, they just did not do it for me at all, but beauty is in the ear of the beholder. I had a pro guitar tec' change them for seymour 59's and he did a great job. I am very happy with my choice of pup. Get a pro to change them out and your guitar will be fine. let us know what you do.

I posted a thread with a recording of my '91 Schaller-loaded H150 when I saw this come up here, maybe a couple of years ago. I can't find that thread, so here's a new recording of the same guitar. It's a solo over a jam track - Sunny - and a kind of tribute to Pat Martino. The guitar is strung with med gauge flatwounds, into a Yamaha DG Stomp. Excuse the effect of the overloaded input at the beginning while octaving.

http://www.4shared.com/file/148549342/245a9646/Sunny.html

This forum is a wealth of knowledge.

Thank you for all your input.

Unfortunately the deal didn't happen.

I will keep looking though. :D

Archived